NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got this new radar detector as a gift, but the damn cord is all in the way. i wanted to hide it behind the center console, but i dont know how to get it off. can anyone explain how to take off the entire center console where the from the clock area all the way down to the cig lighter. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
if your talking bout what i think your are then you just unscrew your shift knob (if its a stick) then just pop up the lower counsol piece and it should come off and then just take out some screws and take of the ac knobs then pull out the top piece....

btw when you take of the ac knobs make sure you dont lose the little metal ring inside them or else they wont fit back on correctly

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, but how do i take off the ac knobs? i have taken the console over my shifter but i can not get the ac part and above that off. how can i do this? you also mentioned to take off the screw, what screws?

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
you dont even need to really unscrew your shift knob to get it out.. just pull up from around the shift boot w/ two hands and that piece will come up.

you will see TWO screws holding in the center console piece just behind the ashtray/cig lighter. unscrew those, and then pull on all 3 a/c knobs straight back.. they will come off. when pulling them off you will see two screws behind the knobs, unscrew those TWO now. pull on the slider that changes the a/c from recirculate to fresh to take that off. Now that you have ALL FOUR Screws out, and 3 knobs and 1 slider.. pull up on the center console piece from the bottom and it will slowly come up.. all of it should come off now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts