NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, i am out of ideas on this radio project of mine and i really need to get these wires figured out. I have my own amp wired in under the seat with an auxiliary cord going to my phone or tablet. I have 13 wires coming from the original radio harness and while i know what they all do, i dont know how to wire them so that my illumination lights and power mirrors go back to working. So to my knowledge this is what the wires do, feel free to correct me:

From Harness A
---------------------
Pink: Left Front Door Speaker & tweeter Positive
Violet: Left Front Door Speaker & tweeter Negative
Light Green: Right Front Door Speaker & tweeter Positive
Light Blue: Right Front Door Speaker & tweeter Negative
Gray: ECU-ACC
Blue/Yel: Battery Positive
Green: 'Tail' relay wire
Green/White: Negative for 'Tail' wire
Brown: Ground

From Harness B
----------------------
Black: Left Rear Speaker Positive
Yellow: Left Rear Speaker Negative
Red: Right Rear Speaker Positive
White: Right Rear Speaker Negative

All the speakers are wired in just fine but the gray, blue/yellow, brown, green, and green/white remain and i dont know how to wire them so that the accessories will turn back on. I keep on blowing fuses, particularly the ECU-ACC fuse on the multifuse. Im assuming im causing a short and i am certain there is a simple answer here but i just cant seem to find it and the multifuses are somewhat difficult to get. Anyone have any advice??

Thanks!

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,508 Posts
Your power connections sound right.

I wouldn't refer to it as Tail wiring. That's the Illumination/dimmer circuit. What are you doing with these?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called it Tail becase thats the fuse the wiring diagram says its hooked up to. I just cant figure out what to do with the blue-yel, gray and brown wires. Any way I hook them up I blow a fuse. And im assuming I wire the green and green/white together based of the diagrams...

·
15,508 Posts
NO! Do NOT do that!

What are you trying to hook up?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the clock and the power mirrors dont work anymore. I have an amp wired in to the 8 speakers getting its power directly to the battery with an rem switch wired into an add-a-fuse.

Eventually I want to install a raspberry pi as my head unit so I also need to figure out how to power that properly.

·
15,508 Posts
Well the clock and the power mirrors dont work anymore.
Blown 7.5A ECU-ACC fuse will do that.
I just cant figure out what to do with the blue-yel, gray and brown wires.
Right now, you shouldn't be doing anything with them. You will use them to power a HU.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, so if I cap those three for right now and I replace the fuse what do I do if they dont turn on? Is it something with the remaining two wires?

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
From Directechs:

Radio 12v Blue/Yellow +
Radio Ground Brown -
Radio Illumination Green +
Factory Amp Turn-on Red +
Left Front Speaker (+/-) Pink - Purple or white-black Radio or Amp behind glove box
Right Front Speaker (+/-) lt.green - blue or red - black Radio or Amp behind glove box
Left Rear Speaker (+/-) Black - yellow or yellow - black Radio or Amp behind glove box
Right Rear Speaker (+/-) red - white or blue - black Radio or Amp behind glove box

This should do it. 2way is correct. The green is your illumination leave it for illuminating.

·
15,508 Posts
Leave:
Gray: ECU-ACC
Blue/Yel: Battery Positive
Green: 'Tail' relay wire
Green/White: Negative for 'Tail' wire
Brown: Ground
Disconnected/capped

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome. I blew the fuse immediately when I first did this install a year and a half ago and I was too afraid to put a fresh fuse and blow it. I did what you said and the mirrors are back on! The clock is currently in a box so idk if that works yet. None of the center console lights turned on but the climate control lights are broken and I think the led I put on the cig lighter halo is messing that one up so im going to put in a new light before I declare that one messed up too. Thanks a ton guys!

Followup question: when I go to put in that raspberry pi computer to function as a head unit I should power it using the gray ecu-acc wire right? And send the negative from it to ground?

·
15,508 Posts
Gray = ECU-ACC = Switched IGN +
Brown = GND

yes

Note: If you connected the Green and the Green/White together, you probably fried the dimmer transistor in the center console.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gray = ECU-ACC = Switched IGN +
Brown = GND

yes

Note: If you connected the Green and the Green/White together, you probably fried the dimmer transistor in the center console.
Sweet. I'm going to have to save this thread because all this is immensely helpful. I checked the clock and cig halo and the clock is working but the cig halo isnt. i tried changing the bulb and still no good. According to the wiring diagrams you put up on that sticky, the green wire on that light is coming from the illumination circuit, but i cant figure out what the red/black is and why theres no power to the bulb. Have you just done a ton of wiring on this thing to where you know all this or..?

·
15,508 Posts
According to the wiring diagrams you put up on that sticky, the green wire on that light is coming from the illumination circuit, but i cant figure out what the red/black is and why theres no power to the bulb.
The "halo" is Green to one side of bulb, White/Green tracer to the other side. Green will be +12V with tail lights on, White/Green will vary with dimmer. Red/Black???

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For some reason on mine its a green to the bulb and a red/black to the bulb. Then theres a solid red and a white/black to the cig lighter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts