NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At a light coming from work just now.
Pulls up to me, starts revving the piss out of his motor. I look over and its some bald guy. Anywho I see the opposite light is turning orange, I rev up to 5k, light turns green, slip, drop I'm outta there, end of second made him look stupid 3 cars atleast. SO I cut it off.
Next light, he pulls up, says he had a bad launch, we go at it again, This time I get him by a car out of the hole, shift second, maintain the distance, hit third and start pulling, took it to the middle of 4th, I had a good few cars on him.
As I'm driving he pulls up, we start talking, find out he has a Neuspeed chip, Sebring exhaust and som intake of some sort.

I made him look stupid with bald Michellins :thumbup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sad....

My STOCK 150hp GTI was always ahead of my friend's 5spd GT. With a chip it was even less fair.

I'm going to guess that the guy couldn't drive, but still a good kill!

·
Registered
175 Posts
"I made him look stupid with bald Michellins "

U sound kinda stupid actually. Bald tires are better off the line. Less groves etc the better for traction. They are more like drag radials. WHen i had my stock eagle rsa on there they were bald as ****. My car hooked soo much better than it does now with my Nitto 450 nt's.

U should of tried running from a roll also. I dont like the passats. There fat ugly Foker

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
slowjetta1.8T said:
"I made him look stupid with bald Michellins "

U sound kinda stupid actually. Bald tires are better off the line. Less groves etc the better for traction. They are more like drag radials. WHen i had my stock eagle rsa on there they were bald as ****. My car hooked soo much better than it does now with my Nitto 450 nt's.

U should of tried running from a roll also. I dont like the passats. There fat ugly Foker
:ugh: i dont think he meant that's why he made him look stupid :ugh:

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
hmm isnt like when tires are bald, the type of rubber down there (where its all flat) is not as grippy as the type on top? or is it all the same?

what is funny though is how whenever a volkswagen gets beat in a street race (by a celica), this is always these replies:

1) BS

or

2) the VW driver sucked

·
Registered
525 Posts
Only imagine if it was a gt-s :)

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
slowjetta 1.8t is kind of wrong. Although more rubber is exposed to the road on bald tires is greater than on normal ones, the rubber that is exposed isn't nearly as sticky as the rubber that was originally on the outside of the tire. Thinking racing on bald tires is good isn't a good way to think. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
yeh never called bs and never said he couldnt drive.

That may be true when the tires are cold but not when the tires are hot. As tires get worn side walls get weaker and softer. Its not a good idea to race on bald tires but i sure as hell would perfer it over new tires.

Im not gonna argue i voiced my opinion.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
oh, i wasnt talking about you, slowjetta :gap:

BrandonC said:
I'm going to guess that the guy couldn't drive, but still a good kill!
actually about that bald tires stuff, i was at the drag strip with a friend of mine a few months ago. guess what car it was?? you guessed it, a 1.8T (GTI, with intake and chip)!! well anyways his front tires were BALD, and he was saying he couldnt get very good traction, hence the reason why he ran a best of 14.8xx as opposed to his best of 14.5xx (at that track). my best time that day was a 14.7xx so i was happy hehe (my best time ever at that track). the guy even did a small burnout before he ran too. so maybe not all tires experience better grip when they're bald? all i know is bald tires are SCARy to drive with in the rain. i didnt go past 55 mph on the freeway!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah, I know you were talking about me, but the thing is that I KNOW how fast a chipped Passat is, and it's faster than a Celica GT. A chipped Passat is faster than a stock GTI. My stock GTI was faster than my friend's 2000 Celi GT. Soooo....the Passat is faster than the GT. Simple as that.

Of course, not all street races are won by the faster car. I'm definitely not calling BS, just saying that the Celi is not necessarily "faster". This guy was obviously a better driver than the Passat driver (and who the hell drives a Passat and goes around revving at guys at stoplights? Idiot).

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
i never raced a gti (like ur brandon c) from a dead stop or slow roll...but i did race from a 100mph rolll.. i think i told this story once...from 100-130 we were almost even with me ahead 3/4 a car. (his fron bumper at my rear wheel). after 130..i slowly pulled till i hit 139ish where i bounced back....(not good to look down at that speed..lol..) and i have a stock GT.... would u say ur car lacks top end..?? or is moderate on it? cuz from 100-130 we were me 3/4 without gaining or losing till 130+, but we spoke afterwards, and he gave me his cell to race again, but i never called him. ida liked to try from a stop. and also u are referring to ur firends celica specifically. so that CAN also be a factor...but no rag on u..gti's are nice none the less. and not tyrina argue, cu zim just talkin bout MY exeprience, i cant speak for everyone.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.