NewCelica.org Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
NoRulz -- yeah, the 1.8t's are a little soft on the top-end. The stock programming (and even chipped versions) taper the boost off after about 5500 rpm, so it's not a top-speed monster. The stock turbo is pretty tiny, so it's tuned more for low-end torque and quick spool.

If you floor it in 2nd gear at 3000rpm though, things get a little crazy. :) Definitely a VERY different feeling than a Celica. See if you can find someone with a chipped GTI that will give you a ride. It can be addictive.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
slowjetta1.8T said:
"I made him look stupid with bald Michellins "

U sound kinda stupid actually. Bald tires are better off the line. Less groves etc the better for traction. They are more like drag radials. WHen i had my stock eagle rsa on there they were bald as ****. My car hooked soo much better than it does now with my Nitto 450 nt's.

U should of tried running from a roll also. I dont like the passats. There fat ugly Foker
Did I hook up? Ask yourself that.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
BrandonC said:
Yeah, I know you were talking about me, but the thing is that I KNOW how fast a chipped Passat is, and it's faster than a Celica GT. A chipped Passat is faster than a stock GTI. My stock GTI was faster than my friend's 2000 Celi GT. Soooo....the Passat is faster than the GT. Simple as that.

Who the hell says I'm stock, I could probably very easily hang with your chipped GTI without much problems.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
I don't know much about passat's but, my friends stock A4 quattro 1.8t can't keep up with my gt celica at all. Sometimes a gt can surprise people.

·
Registered
51 Posts
MicaCeli said:
OK

Passat weight =?

GTI weight = PROBABLY LOWER!!

Just couse its a freeking 1.8t doesnt mean its fast...........Christ.

Slava
Christ yourself..... Yes, a Passat weighs more than a GTI. But a chipped Passat is faster than a stock GTI. Trust me.

Anyways, I could really care less. Daks -- from your lack of stuff in your sig, it seemed you were stock. Most people with mods here put them in their sig.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
BrandonC said:

Christ yourself..... Yes, a Passat weighs more than a GTI. But a chipped Passat is faster than a stock GTI. Trust me.

Anyways, I could really care less. Daks -- from your lack of stuff in your sig, it seemed you were stock. Most people with mods here put them in their sig.
TRD Clutch
TRD Hellical LSD
Fidanza Flywheel
Header
CAI
Motor back exhaust
UR Pulley set
HKS-SAFR
Hi Flow cat
HKS Circle Earth grounding kit *flex* :D

No back seats, spare or jack...I got more too lazy too list.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good kill !!!

The GT would normally lose to a chipped 1.8t. I should know, I have both

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.