NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a few runs with my friends.... 350Z, SRT4 and BMW 330CI... my friend with the 330CI was really running his mouth and I knew he really wouldn't pull me but he was clueless.... with a passanger from 40 the 330CI put about a car and half on me by 110.... the SRT4/350z are in a league of there own lol.... I ran the 330CI solo and it was absolutely dead even till 120 and he maybe inched me but not till after 110 or so.... he got put in his place it was pretty damn funny also....

·
Registered
273 Posts
:werd:^^
What year 330ci? Auto or manual? Had that been someone that could drive...you'd be stating something else...cuz that should have KILLED you from the dig...
But anyway...good kill...I guess...

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
2swft4u said:
:werd:^^
What year 330ci? Auto or manual? Had that been someone that could drive...you'd be stating something else...cuz that should have KILLED you from the dig...
But anyway...good kill...I guess...
:werd:

330Ci 6spd is just as quick as those other 2.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its an 04 330ci 6 speed.... it dynoed at 194whp/187wtq.... has more weight then the SRT4 and less whp/wtq.... and about the same weight as the 350Z and the 350Z has roughly 250-260whp...no way its as quick as those other 2 and it showed.... I have a GTS and we're both pretty good drivers....

·
Registered
446 Posts
was the 350z stock and your celica is it stock? you should have been able to keep up with the 350z if it was stock at the most 1 1/2 cars back if your a better then decent and about even or 1/2 car if your good.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
marc said:
and more importantly, the 330ci is designed to perform in absolute comfort at 155 mph.
Gotta love them Bimmers. :)

silver21 said:
its an 04 330ci 6 speed.... it dynoed at 194whp/187wtq.... has more weight then the SRT4 and less whp/wtq.... and about the same weight as the 350Z and the 350Z has roughly 250-260whp...no way its as quick as those other 2 and it showed.... I have a GTS and we're both pretty good drivers....
:werd:

The 330Ci isn't quite in the same league as the 350Z and SRT-4 in terms of speed. Very close, but not quite.

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
McCoy said:
was the 350z stock and your celica is it stock? you should have been able to keep up with the 350z if it was stock at the most 1 1/2 cars back if your a better then decent and about even or 1/2 car if your good.
Dude, you are out of your mind.

·
Registered
273 Posts
well...that's why I asked what year it was...I didn't know if you were talking about the new one or what... Thanks for the info...

McCoy...can you pass me whatever it is you're smoking... Celica hang with a 350Z...c'mon now man...you are nuts!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
well I have beat 4 350Z's in my 00' celica they were all stock and I am pushing close very close to 200whp. The closest any of the races was 1/2 car and furthest is 1 1/2 cars. my sig is wrong that's just my last dyno.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just have an intake and unbolted exhaust.... purchasing and the Kazuma as I type.... also having a friend port the stock header once he gets back from vacation....

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
McCoy said:
well I have beat 4 350Z's in my 00' celica they were all stock and I am pushing close very close to 200whp. The closest any of the races was 1/2 car and furthest is 1 1/2 cars. my sig is wrong that's just my last dyno.
I'm not going to argue whatever power your mods give you or what you can do with them, but a few posts above you were practically claiming that a stock Celica will hang and keep up with a 350. Its just not possible. Its almost not possible even if the 350z driver DOESN'T know he is racing.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
A stock GT-S has no chance with a stock Z, the only way it will hang with the Z is with a couple of mods and probably will lose anyway.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I had my celica for about 2 weeks before I put my first mod on and every 2 weeks since then I put something else on it could be little or whatever. I didn't really start to race people tell about 8 months ago and that's when I was at around 190whp. I guess since I could be a Z then by the amound I did then some in a stock celica should be able to at least keep up but I guess I was wrong. I admit it I could be wrong I never raced a Z in a stock celica before.

·
Registered
793 Posts
silver21 said:
had a few runs with my friends.... 350Z, SRT4 and BMW 330CI... my friend with the 330CI was really running his mouth and I knew he really wouldn't pull me but he was clueless.... with a passanger from 40 the 330CI put about a car and half on me by 110.... the SRT4/350z are in a league of there own lol.... I ran the 330CI solo and it was absolutely dead even till 120 and he maybe inched me but not till after 110 or so.... he got put in his place it was pretty damn funny also....
your buddy also posted on bimmerforums :cool:

http://bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=552829

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
silver21 said:
the Z dynos 235-240 WHP.
McCoy said:
200 WHP is very different than a stock GTS. That is more realistic.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have roughly 40whp more then a stock gt-s. I never ran against a stock gt-s so I wouldn't how it would keep up with me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts