NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gonna buy the stupid replacement relay to make rapid flashers until a guy that does car installs told me you don't have to do that. He said it's so easy, just cut the ground wire to the bulb... is that true? He told me when a bulb blows out, your lights will flash quickly because it loses ground so it's the same principle... what do you think, anyone done it?

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Never heard of that, but it makes sense because the quick flashers on cars without the relay just indicates a bad buld. I got my relay on E-bay (TeH Home of Rice).

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
If you cut the ground to one of the bulbs, the bulb won't flash. So if you cut the front ones, you will only have rear flashers. I don't know if that's what you are going for here. I would say buy a quick flasher. Saves lots of troubles.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's true... people are stupid as hell. I just called a 1/2 dozen performance places in my area and the're all like "Rapid/Hyper flasher? Is that something new?" Hello! Where have they been....

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahh, I just got the relay, plug & play.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.