NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
re: modena blown kit

Heh, I found it fin. Wow this looks bad ass- particularly the molded side skirt

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd just want the skirts- their so high I wouldn't even need to worry about side vents since the skirts would accentuate that feature of the car already.

BTW has anyone seen a celica with this roof scoop ? Whats your opinions

 

·
It is known.
Joined
·
8,236 Posts
:wtf: i've never seen anything like it b4............i wonder if it is actually functional?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,377 Posts
Se Ri Ka said:
I'd just want the skirts- their so high I wouldn't even need to worry about side vents since the skirts would accentuate that feature of the car already.

BTW has anyone seen a celica with this roof scoop ? Whats your opinions

Yes, I've seen it. My opinion is that it's ugly, useless, and it'll slow you down from the drag.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
EzRidA said:


Yes, I've seen it. My opinion is that it's ugly, useless, and it'll slow you down from the drag.
This man deserves an empty cookie jar... (Other than the obvious people)- comon' -how does it look aesthetically ? we already know that its gonna be non-functional and a b!tch on drag coefficient-

I think we should also keep in mind that aerodynamics in a physics aspect, only reflects about 2% of the cars efficiency...

<--- I am an automatic gt too, so I'm gonna leave all the time slips for you guys to worry about

If I was really worried about speed- I'd gut my car inside out of every plastic, wire strip, LED, join a health club, replace my head lamps with open-ended intakes, and duck tape solid rocket boosters to the ARSE of my car...

But I'm not gonna do that! So Tell me what do you think of the friggen Roof Scoop??!!?! I'm not a very well off person either- so I couldn't get the moon roof when I got the car like I've always wanted on a car- but since I don't have the 1 grand to dish out- why not go with an appearance mod.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,377 Posts
I didn't like it at all. You have a hoodscoop on the hood. You don't need one on the roof. It's something we call overkill. On top of that you're gonna get a lot of sh!t stuck in there from everyday driving. Then trying to mold fiberglass to metal is no easy task to make it look clean. Not to mention repainting a lot of the car so it matches right. There are a lot of variables and money for something that doesn't look all that great and especially for it not doing jack performance wise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,526 Posts
Se Ri Ka said:
If I was really worried about speed- I'd gut my car inside out of every plastic, wire strip, LED, join a health club, replace my head lamps with open-ended intakes, and duck tape solid rocket boosters to the ARSE of my car...
:chuckles:


but uh, i'm with dan...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,393 Posts
one of the guys on this site designed that kit. his name is GTS something. he works with the crew that has that celica drag car. he is turboing his celica with a 3s-ge motor i believe. he hasnt posted in awhile though. (not GTSlaid....although he hasnt posted in awhile either)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,526 Posts
yeah...you can look for him in gen discussion - i think its GTSNut
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,756 Posts
Is that an intercooler on the blue one???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,377 Posts
His name is GTSNut. He also claimed to have been doing a 3s-gte swap on his Celica, however that never materialized.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
EzRidA said:
I didn't like it at all. You have a hoodscoop on the hood. You don't need one on the roof. It's something we call overkill. On top of that you're gonna get a lot of sh!t stuck in there from everyday driving. Then trying to mold fiberglass to metal is no easy task to make it look clean. Not to mention repainting a lot of the car so it matches right. There are a lot of variables and money for something that doesn't look all that great and especially for it not doing jack performance wise.
See, now heres a statement/ opinion I can respect- its a bit more honest and thick as opposed to it "its ugly, useless, and a drag"

But seriously, since you think It may be a pain in the butt to mold and paint- I'll reconsider the ramifications with more thought.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Game said:
Is that an intercooler on the blue one???
looks like it to me- a bit more polished an shiney under there eh' maybe even wider
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,377 Posts
Se Ri Ka said:


See, now heres a statement/ opinion I can respect- its a bit more honest and thick as opposed to it "its ugly, useless, and a drag"

But seriously, since you think It may be a pain in the butt to mold and paint- I'll reconsider the ramifications with more thought.
My original statement was shorter and to the point. :)
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top