NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had ordered a hood, fenders and front bumper from Extreme Dimensions through JMAutoRacing.com a few months ago. At first I received the fenders and bumper and they told me that I would have to wait another month for the hood to be shipped. Ok, figuring they are a reputable company that everything would be great with minimal work needing to be done to get everything to fit correctly, cause I know really nothing is 100% fitment when it comes to aftermarket parts. So I get the fenders and I immediately had to return them because they sent me them from a horrible horrible mold. The tip of one of them looked like it was a bird beak and then the other one was too short. They sent me new fenders which are almost too short and need a lot of work done to them. The bumper was about a 35 - 45% fit. I am still working on getting that one done along with the fenders. Now onto what has happened with the hood. I received the first one a month after receiving everything else and it was completely screwed. It had no holes cut or drilled, and it also had no hood scoop like it was supposed to have. So I PM'd them on here and they said that was completely wrong. That it was supposed to have the carbon fiber scoop on it and all holes cut so it would be ready to go directly onto the car. Then they had said the same thing on the phone. Low and behold, almost a month since I received the first hood, I receive the 2nd hood. It was the same exact way that the first one was. Even after they said that it would be correct this time. Companies like this really piss me off when they tell you one thing and then do a completely different thing. It was almost like they didn't even inspect the hood before it shipped out. Sorry, just thought I would share my experience with this company before anyone else orders a hood or other things through them.

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts
Did you bother to search for reviews?
If you did, then you definitely wouldn't have done business that had anything to do with ED.

They probably sent you the same hood. You should have marked it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had read a lot of current reviews of them on various web sites and thought that they might have gotten better, but apparently not though. So now I am stuck with having to buy a carbon fiber scoop so it matches the hood and all ... yay ... what fun this is going to be. LOL. As far as them sending me the same hood, that one is impossible because I had to destroy the last hood to get the new one...

·
Premium Member
6,652 Posts
I'm going to transfer this to the feedback section to make it official.

From this post on, I expect this thread to remain civil, but I also want ED to explain his case, as he should, and as an official vendor of this site...

:moved:

·
FananaNanaFoFenny
4,279 Posts
For the OP's reference, here is where Extreme Dimensions mentions their fitment issues: http://newcelica.org/forums/showpost.php?p=5608289&postcount=77

And also just to quote it for this thread:
Extreme Dimensions on 4/19/2012 said:
As far as the fitment our kits, granted some do have issues. But we've vamped up our CS so if you receive a kit that does not fit the way its suppose to we give you your money back. We've acknowledged that there is a problem and we plan on fixing all and any molds that need to be fixed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know after these couple of issues, I am never going to order anything from Extreme Dimensions. Honestly, I believe that if they have already admitted to certain things on the forum that they should be put on a probation period as a sponsor. That is just me though. If you create a product that the public wants, you should create it so that there is minimum issues, not issues that could potentially cost thousands of dollars to fix. Just my 2 cents about them. Let's just see if they even respond to this feedback of their products. I know my middle man already warned them about this happening if they broke their promise, and yet they still did. Shame shame shame on them ..... LOL

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
:faint:

ever since ED came about as a business they have been known to have shitty body kits. they will never fix there molds to ensure proper fitment of there kits. most of the reviews you see off of other sites about "how excellent" there kits are are a complete lie and for the most part made up by ED to get there product out to the general public so that idiots will buy it.

not saying that OP is an idiot for getting there kits he was prolly trying to save money by getting a cheap priced kit but what the OP failed to realize is most body shops wont touch body kits unless they have little to no effort to make them fit. in the long run your going to spend more money to try and get that kit to fit correctly.

good luck on trying to get this issue resolved but chances of ED responding to this thread is slim

·
Registered
372 Posts
So I had ordered a hood, fenders and front bumper from Extreme Dimensions through JMAutoRacing.com a few months ago.

why would you go through him as a middle man and not direct to the source??????
personally I've never had a fitment issue, at least not to the point where its unusable, not saying they dont have issues, just thanking my lucky stars I've never had issues

·
SPREAD THE HATE
4,423 Posts
^Is the sky blue?
Of course it hasn't been resolved yet, we have yet to hear from ED at all on the matter. But no, delete my posts from some help wanted thread they made.
I'm becoming a donor to the site. Then I can be an asshole/troll as hard as I want everywhere and not have to give any fucks at all.

·
Premium Member
6,652 Posts
C'mon Booth... not out of OT.

As for ED, I am limited in how much help I can bring to neotestme. Unfortunately, they are a site sponsor, so I cannot close their sale threads and prevent them from doing business here until they resolved this issue.

Until ED comes forward, as should be expected from any seller with good business etiquette, I would recommend that neotestme just go through with a PayPal claim to recuperate at least some funds from this bad transaction, if possible.

Everyone is accountable, even if you're a "very successful" internet company.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts