NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm i keep having a wierd almost buzzing sound coming out of the engine. It always happens around 4k in every gear (which is when my exhaust is the loudest) and it also happens when revved to 4k. Its nothing in the tranny or clutch, but i did have my resonator removed and replaced with a straight pipe.

My question:
- is it possible it is an exhaust leak because of a bad weld or so forth. Since it always happens when my exhaust should be the loudest. I am thinking that when its the loudest at 4k, its putting the most pressure on the pipe and is causing it to make the loud buzzing sound. I can't really describe the sounds at first i thought it was my tires going over small puddles. But its like a buzzing i cant explain. Any help will be appreciated.

Marc

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
i had a buzz/metallic sounds around 3500 and it was a crack in my heat shield, take a look at your heat shild and see if it is cracked, TIM

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just checked my heat shield. Its cracked pretty bad. Now i gotta order a new one. Its pretty wierd how this happened to 2 different GT owners. Is the heat shield defective? Thanks for your help.

Marc

PS: how unsafe is it to drive with a cracked heatshield

1 - 5 of 5 Posts