NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to remove the rear wheel hub on a 00 gt,but its rusted real bad,does anyone have any idea whats the easiest way to remove it?

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,264 Posts
I recently changed the front. I couldnt remove it in any way and went to a shop

·
Registered
45 Posts
Pb spray, a large hammer, impact gun, and maybe a chisel, and alot of patience.

First spray it down with some pb spray, take the right size socket and bang it on the bolt, for me they were rusted so i banged it till it was stuck, i took at impact and kept going back and forth while spraying pb spray. it is also possible to grab a torch or even like one of those yellow bottles and heat it up, keep going back and forth but attempt not to snap it, im saying, 5 seconds in, 5 seconds out. spray, repeat. before i even bang on the socket id bang the top of the bolt in order to release it a bit. work your way through then when the bolts are removed it might be seized still, where you would not have to bang it with the hammer a bit then evenly chisel around.

Just how i did it. if you dont have an impact itll most likely snap...

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
get some Somoans. :D Yeah good; luck you need alot of heat and muscle. That was the only thing that I did to my car that I had to take it to a shop.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
After owning and working on a Celica for so long, best thing to do start working out in the most awkward positions while laying down on your back or sitting down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts