NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying for a couple days to get the rear ES insert in and I'm not making any progress. Searching didn't give much info. Anyone have good tips on how to get to the rear mount? Should I drop the crossmember? If so what needs to be done to do this?

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
i put mine on when i did my header swap to DC sports. We dropped the subframe and maybe the passenger axle, its been a long time since that was done i cant remember exactley. But i do remember that i had to stuff the inserts in with the mounts disconnected without removing the upper part from the car. The front was much easier, but if your patient and use dishsoap you can get it in there. But as far as i know there's no way the upper part of the mount comes out of the car so your just going to have to seperate upper and lower, add your inserts and cram back together all in that little amount of room....all while supporting the engine the whole time. Definitley a job to have a lift for.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Repost... This just came up maybe 2-3 days ago and i tried to write up a little something for you guys struggling. No I did not have to drop the crossmember, dont it could mess with your alignment or so I've heard. Go through the drivers side wheel well. No I did not need a lift, Yes I did it with just one person(myself). Search for the other thread becuase I dont want to type all my instructions agian, but basically, unbolt from the transmission, jack up the transmission, pull out the motor mount. press the two interts in (this was my hardesrt part becuase one didnt want to fit) when they are both in you could grease them up, I didnt and cram the thing back down. Go at an angle one side to the other and then just cram down. I know it was hard but somehow i managed to do it.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I got all that. I just need a long enough socket extension to reach through, thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts