NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 GT and am replacing stock springs, but when I go to remove the rear driver strut it gets hung on the cap, I've tried loosening the cap bolt to allow more space for it but it still gets hung, I've also tried removing the strut bar to pull the rear axle down to allow more space to get it out but the bolts are too rusted. I'm too afraid to touch these bolts anymore as this is my daily driver and the bolts could break. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could get the strut out without it getting caught?

Pictures down below
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Rim Gas

Rim Metal Auto part Titanium Gas

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Automotive wheel system Rim

·
Registered
301 Posts
You’re on the right track.?

sway bar link requires an Allen key and a ring spanner. Or better a combination ring/OE with a second spanner to add some leverage.
Once you get the link undone a long bar to leverage the swing arm down to get it free.. maybe a friend to help.

·
Registered
565 Posts
For the sway bar link i normally vise grip the inside of the shaft under the boot if im replacing it, otherwise put a prybar and act like ur try to pop it out that puts enough pressure on it for the ball not to spin. Assuming your using the right tools and have an impact its no time at all.

2000 GTS Turbo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts