NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No search showed any quality information for me to start out with.

So Saturday afternoon while racing my 04 celica gts 6-speed manual my oil line broke off from the engine block, lost all my oil and by the time I realized it..the damage to my motor was already done (loud knocking). Dont know what caused the steel line to break loose, but it did. So, now I'm going to rebuild the engine.

Get my Hass Turbo Kit this week w/ GT2871R turbo, plus new ACT Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel. I'm having my engine rebuilt by the best race engine builder around the area. However, he has never touched a 2ZZ engine yet. My goal is an engine capable to safely make over 400 hp. I'm not going to hold back. Only top parts need to enter my engine.

Open for quality suggestions in parts. Sucks because I know I will be without my car for a while, but it will be one bad **s car when its completed. I want to run low 12's at least, but shooting for 11's in the car for the 1/4 mile.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,104 Posts
good luck sir.

you are gonna need at least...$10-$15k to do it properly!

(if my figures are wrong, i blame it on a very bad flu and human engine overheating!)
:)

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
1 - buy a used GTS motor (you will need it for a core probably)
2 - contact littlerocket spyder about the bombproof bottom end with low compression pistons and an oil pump
3 - get some valves and springs from MWR and also their oil pan

·
Registered
243 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
1 - buy a used GTS motor (you will need it for a core probably)
2 - contact littlerocket spyder about the bombproof bottom end with low compression pistons and an oil pump
3 - get some valves and springs from MWR and also their oil pan
^^ :stupid: but if you want 11s in the quarter your definately gonna run into problems with traction. Why not just make it into a curvy track monster, that would give you more benefit for your money and probly save you some because you wouldnt need an ungodly about of power.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
celica_2 said:
^^ :stupid: but if you want 11s in the quarter your definately gonna run into problems with traction. Why not just make it into a curvy track monster, that would give you more benefit for your money and probly save you some because you wouldnt need an ungodly about of power.

:thumbdown I can't believe you just said that to boosted. LMAO do you know who ur talking to?

and there are ways around traction problems. Even though you won't run into THAT big of a problem trying to run 11's.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Curt705 said:
:thumbdown I can't believe you just said that to boosted. LMAO do you know who ur talking to?

and there are ways around traction problems. Even though you won't run into THAT big of a problem trying to run 11's.
THAT big of a problem...how many people on this site, or anywhere for that matter are running 11's easily? Im not sayin it cant be done, but it probably just wont be worth the time and money, when you can build 3 other cars to run 11's with the amount of money it costs to build one celica to run 11's.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Maybe some people would rather have a celica run that than another car. I'm sure he is at least NOW aware of the cost. And just because there aren't a bunch of people that are willing to dump that much into a celica to get faster e/t's doesn't mean that there is a problem doing it. It just means what you said yourself. You can do more stuff to other cars for better straight line performance than one could with a celica.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
I don't think 11s are so unobtainable as long as you can get your tranny to hang in there. All you need is a good clutch, light wheels, big full slicks, very solid suspension, a ton of weight reduction, and about 450 to the tire. You may have to roll the front fenders to fit a proper slick.

Take every scrap of weight you possibly can out of the back and interior and get some nice lightweight skinnies on back there. Crank up the tire pressure, set the rear suspension on "rattle your teeth out of your head" and you're GTG

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I would look into the Hydra Ems system im not sure if they have one for the GTS.
Fully built engine....and if boosted goes through with the hybrid tranny thing get that...Make sure your fuel system is big enough for the power your putting down(Return fuel line/Fuel Rail/Bigger injectors/Bigger fuel pump)...For the traction like boosted said get lightweight rims and some good slicks...you can do little things like
Ported throttle body, Skinnys for the rear, Gut out the rear,lightweight racing seats,CF hood, Cf rear & lexan window)...Good tunning and high qauilty parts are your best bet for this goal, it wont be cheap...15-20grand... im in the process of getting some big numbers and it does cost alot..

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Just noticed you have an 04 - a Hydra or Power FC and a throttle cable conversion would be a VERY nice change for you.

·
Registered
521 Posts
If you got deep pockets then you should pave the way for us to go RWD!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts