NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a recall in the mail today (SSC #30B). It says its the fuel tank check valve. In more detail it says that the valve becomes separated from the inlet pipe and falls into the gas tank. So every time I fill up my tank some water shoots out the inlet pipe. I never noticed it because in NJ I dont have to pump my own gas. Anyone else get this recall?? It says its for late 2002/early2003 celicas.

Also: I have an AEM CAI and TRD Exhaust that I put on by myself.. do you think they'd void the warranty if I took it to the dealer like that or should i change it???

·
Registered
377 Posts
Been some talk in other threads about this issue, you are the first I have seen that actually gotten the recall notice in the mail though. Others have just verified with their dealers. Mine is an early 03 (Manufactured in Jan) I havent gotten anything yet or had any issues at the pump. (knock on wood).

Correct me if Im wrong but dont they need to drop the whole tank to fix this problem? Makes me cringe just thinkin about it!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
actually they have to replace the whole tank. I got mine checked out yesterday because i got the notice also. They ordered a new tank for me. Im waiting till it comes it to get this finally fixed.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well on my recall it says to toake it to the dealer to be inspected and then if it needs to be repaired (which i have a bad feeling that I'm going to need to because I've seen gas shoot out of the tank) to bring minimal fuel in the tank. Still it says that labor time should be approx. 2 hours. Thats about all it says in the notice.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I got my tank replaced... it seems to work ok now.. i dont see any gas spitting out. Anyway, it took my dealer like 4 1/2 hours to do. It was the first one they had gotten so it sucked they were all learning how to fix it on my car... oh man so far so good though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts