1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It needs the following capabilities

Front/Rear/Sub Out RCA 4v+
DVD front loading capability
Auxilary Input(s) (for the ps2 in the floor), multiple if possible for the ipod too
1 or more video out so i dont have to split signal
single din size
preferable under 400 bucks

I have been lookign at a JVC, and the alpine dva9860, but im not convinced that the auxilary in would work like I want it to on the alpine. The JVC doesn't seem powerful enough.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would reccomend the Alpine i have a the Alpine CDA-9856 and have had no problems and prolly will most likely be getting the DVA-9965 very soon. just my 2cents

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does it have auxilary mode?

my current deck does everything I need but wont work on auxilary mode so i never get any ps2 sound. My biggest fear is spending out for a nice deck and the auxilary still not be working, so if anyone has a similar setup in their car let me know.

Thanks for the input Tragic

·
Registered
173 Posts
Have you checked out the alpine site. I had my xbox with a panasonic not to long ago not sure if youve looked at that brand but with my expiernce with panasonic i would get a warranty with it if you go that route.
Edit:
The alpine i have now works with my xbox but i dont have it connected anymore if that helps so im sure it should work with a better unit.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the first cd player I ever had was a panasonic, it was the dfx700u(from 99) and I had it all the way until 2003, before it just died. It was a good unit.

The two pioneer units I have in now, are a whole different story. Basically here is what happens.

I have the 9pin connector to RCA from pioneer, and I attach it to the back of the deck and hook nothing to it. Turn on cd player, car goes thru tuner mode, then cd player, then aux, then back to tuner. Plug in the ps2's audio cables into the aux convertor, and turn on the deck here is what happens: Goes from tuner mode, to cd player, and back to tuner. The whole aux mode just disappears, has happened in the same exact way with two different models of pioneer premiere decks (which is their top end deck).....

so...if you think the panasonic would work good then I'll check it out. However, I do have alpine typeR components and a typeX woofer and alpine amps, so maybe i should jsut get the alpine so everything "matches"....

which panasonic model was that you were referring to?

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, so i stumbled across the JVC 6200. It has everything I need listed above and all the pre-outs I need as well.

anyone have one of these, and could offer some feedback? Most of what I'm seeing online makes it out to be a great deck....but i'd like some newcelica opinions if i could before I buy it today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.