NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am detailing my car after work today, and currently have a Pinnacle Clay Bar, Klasse All In One, and Klasse High Glaze Sealant. I was wondering what was the best to remove swirls(that can be bought at a local store), how to best apply it, and whether to apply it before or after clay. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
If you register there please use their search function. Your question has been answered a million times on their board. After reading a few hundred threads on the topic then post in the Autopian University forum (their version of newbie).

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just a couple of quick ones...

Do I need to use something to remove the wax and polish before I use a swirl remover?

Will I get worthwhile results doing it by hand? Is it possible to remove the swirls by hand?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Yes, you can get swirls out by hand. Unless you have some pretty wicked swirls in your cars paint, a buffer is completely unnessasary, it would just save time.

Whatever product you use to remove the swirls will pretty much take care of any wax you have on your car, so don't worry about removing the wax first. Swirl removing products contain abrasives that cut the level of the paint down to the depth of the swirl mark scratches.

Also, just out of curiosity, what the heck is a ZR Celica and what color is raven?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Chameleon,

Thanks for the tip!

The ZR is the top spec Celica in Australia. It has the moonroof, 6 stacker, side airbags, foglights, 16" wheels, ABS, drilled alloy pedals etc.. that the lower spec model (SX) does not have. No leather option though.

You might also be interested to know that both levels of Celica have the same mechanicals in Oz. Both have the 2ZZ in 190hp tune with option of 6 speed manual or 4 speed auto.

Raven is what Toyota Australia calls your carbon blue. Blue-black.

Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts