NewCelica.org Forum banner

181 - 189 of 189 Posts

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
The finish is good, but I'd hit it with the clear to be absolutely sure and help avoid color shifting over time.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Make sure the clear has UV protection.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Absolutely. I'd get a urethane 2K clear shot on there, it's pretty tough stuff!

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
Obviously a 2k UV protective clear is what I meant when I said it would help avoid colorshifting. Why would anyone use a clear with no UV protection anyway? That would just be ridiculous.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Ask Mitsubishi why they did it on their early Evos' CF spoilers...

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Have you seen Mitsu's dark paint colors, why they did anything they did with anything dark on a car baffles me. Worse than Honda's dark colors!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
I will definitely look into a Seibon hood then. I want to get an 03 stock bumper first so I can make sure that everything will line up perfectly.

I wish my tastes didn't change so much since its hard on the wallet, but I guess everyone probably goes through phases. I don't really like the rims anymore, they look a little too big and empty.

I am thinking about maybe 17s with 6 spokes, or possible even more.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Haha yea, luckily I didn't get my Celica till I had a pretty sound idea what I wanted it to look like.

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
I will definitely look into a Seibon hood then. I want to get an 03 stock bumper first so I can make sure that everything will line up perfectly.

I wish my tastes didn't change so much since its hard on the wallet, but I guess everyone probably goes through phases. I don't really like the rims anymore, they look a little too big and empty.

I am thinking about maybe 17s with 6 spokes, or possible even more.

Not sure what you mean by "make sure that everything will line up perfectly", but do it it however you need to. I know it can be taxing on the funds, but hey we are talking car parts here... that pretty much says it all.

We have all been through it with the expense, choices and limitations of funding, its an adventure to be sure. Many of us have even bought and re-bought the same huge or expensive parts two, three, four or more times, just because we changed our minds about it later. On just the exterior, I have been through 3 hoods, 3 fronts, 2 lips, 2 rears, 5 spoilers, 4 sets of rims and more.

But as much as some of us complain about it, we obviously also enjoy it or we wouldn't keep doing it. :chuckles:

181 - 189 of 189 Posts