NewCelica.org Forum banner

161 - 180 of 189 Posts

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
But like the rest of ours, according to Toyota's early advertisements, it still "looks fast". :D

I couldn't care less, I love the cars regardless.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
I finally got around to putting the carbon wrap on my car. It was a lot harder than I thought and the wrap was not very flexible at all. I made a pretty big mess of the back side of the trunk. I will need to redo it again in warmer weather. I did get the top of the trunk looking nice and the small rectangle near the roof.

I also added the BB lip spoiler.

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
I warned ya it would be much harder than it seemed. It took me almost 3 hours to get just my hatch perfected. The trick is to work all that air and puckering out inch by inch with the heat gun and squeegee as you go... otherwise it never comes out.

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
But at least you get the effect, and the black looks great on your 3P0. It is just screaming out for the roof to be blacked out too. And if you thought the hatch was tough to do... :bang: :faint:

:chuckles:

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
You think the roof will be harder? I think it will be much easier. The hatch got me around the curve, I couldn't get one side to lay flat while heating the other side.

Do I "think" it will be harder? Which one of us has already done both again?

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
Haven't seen any new mods or updates for a while... not getting back into work on the Celi this spring?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Yes sir I will be back to it soon.

I haven't had any luck with finding a OEM front bumper. That is what I want most right now.

My wrap for the roof just came in on Wednesday so I will be looking to do that in the next week or so.

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
Yes sir I will be back to it soon.

I haven't had any luck with finding a OEM front bumper. That is what I want most right now.

My wrap for the roof just came in on Wednesday so I will be looking to do that in the next week or so.

Nice, post pics when you do. Don't forget to get a helper and go slow to avoid wrinkles.

A bumper will likely pop up in a partout here or on the celica facebook soon enough I'm sure. Too bad you didn't just grab that red euro one, it was cheap and you could have always easily modified it to fit the sidemarkers if wanted.

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
03 fronts will be more rare than 00-02 (you do want an 03 right?), but I'll keep a lookout and let you know if I see any.

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
That is about the cheapest I've see the front bumper cover go for brand new. If it were me, I buy that and then just get the rest of the smaller pieces whenever I could afford them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
I finally got around to doing my roof. It was definitely easier than the hatch since it was flat and I didn't have to go around that curve. It was also my second time wrapping so I am getting better.

I also have enough left over to rewrap the hatch since it was very bubbly and bad. I will get to that at some point too.

Still looking for a front bumper as well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
I am also wondering what to do with the hood. Is it better to spend more for a carbon fiber hood (not sure the style, something less aggressive), or go with wrapping the stock hood?

Wrapping would let it match the rest of the CF on the car, not sure how the wrap would stand up to the engine heat though.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
That roof turned out very nice.

I'd go for a stock style CF hood but I don't know who makes one with a damn that fits right.

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
Roof came out far better than the hatch for sure. I hope you removed the roof glass and side moldings to wrap under them when you did it. Otherwise the edges could start to peel up long before their time.

I wouldn't worry about the hood exactly matching the wrap. I have had mine this way for years and it never looked that off or odd to me. But with a CF hood you are still dropping a lot of weight and it can still be wrapped later if you want to try that out. You could also keep your OEM hood in storage and wrap that to switch between them and see which feels better to you later.

As for fitment... if you want to go with an OEM fit CF, then I know for a fact that Seibon is the best I have come across. I have seen several of them installed in person and they have the cleanest fit. Their hoods are also very well made. Here is the manufacturers link, but I have seen them sell for a lot less than this, you just have to hunt around for the best price.

http://seiboncarbon.com/store/oem-style-carbon-fiber-hood-for-2000-2005-toyota-celica.html

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
That's probably cheaper than getting my hood repainted, hows the finish hold up or should it be sprayed with some 2k clear before going on?

161 - 180 of 189 Posts