NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Originally posted by MFChop
Who has done it any sugetions any problemsLink
:confused: You mean like who has changed the Tranny fluid to MT-90? I have on a couple of cars and its a great oil. Makes the tranny much smoother. I have case of it in my garage :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
MT 90 is great stuff. I do reccomend having someone else there when you put it in. Use a funnel with a long (2'-3') hose on it. Get under the car, have them snake the hose to you. Put it in the fill hole, and have them start pouring. You'll know when to stop cuz it will run out of the hole. Try to have the car as level as possible, too. put the plug back in, clean up any spillage, and check for leaks. Easy...but old OEM tranny oil stinks like a hat full of a**holes!

·
Registered
293 Posts
MicaCeli said:
:confused: You mean like who has changed the Tranny fluid to MT-90? I have on a couple of cars and its a great oil. Makes the tranny much smoother. I have case of it in my garage :)
Hey send me some. I need to change my tranny fluid. :chuckles:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got it, I use it. My pops' shop has a pump you run w/a cordless screwgun. Put the car on the lift and pump it in till it comes out the fill hole. Stuff is great, I only use Redline oils.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I used it for about a month before I had my LSD put in the car. I didn't notice much difference with it.

since my lsd is going back in this weekend, i havent had the need to run expensive synthetic fluids in the trans.

since my lsd is a kaaz clutchtype, i cant run this type of fluid. the stinkystuff will bond to the clutch surface and effectively neutralize the lsd.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I use it, but you won't notice much. It is only for people who want the best for their car (those who love babying it). No offense to anybody who doesn't use it, by the way. I have just found that some people always use synthetic, premium gas and the nicest fluids.

Jon

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
When I put it in mine it made the transmission even more notchy than it already was. Of course I think most of my syncronizers are worn out so that might have something to do with it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
WillyK said:
When I put it in mine it made the transmission even more notchy than it already was. Of course I think most of my syncronizers are worn out so that might have something to do with it.
Did the same for me. I even got the Speed Source Bushings to try to correct it but it is still notchy and hard to shift. Sometime soon I am going to change back to the stock shifter (current TWM) to find out what the problem is.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
My friend complained of the same thing. However, he had put in GL5 rated Redline, which will corrode the syncronizers and accelerate the wear. Plus, his tranny was shot anyway.

·
Registered
285 Posts
JohnnyWash1 said:
I use it, but you won't notice much. It is only for people who want the best for their car (those who love babying it). No offense to anybody who doesn't use it, by the way. I have just found that some people always use synthetic, premium gas and the nicest fluids.

Jon
Same thoughts here and I use all of the above.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i haven't changed my tranny fluid yet and im about to reach 30k on my car, ummm...change it soon? what else should i change as well, other than oil and filter? sorry for going off topic.

-dan

·
Registered
15 Posts
what are some problems if there is too much tranny fluid? I didn't have it level when i filled it.... i think mine got more notchy and a little harder to shift compared to the stock tranny oil... (i also installed the speedsource bushings and kumosport bushings)

·
Registered
414 Posts
how many miles does toyota reccomend between changing the tranny fluid???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts