NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm deciding to get new blubs for my celica gts. I know its a good investment to save up for HID's but i'm thinking that i'm gonna sell my celica in like a year or two i dont want to pour a whole lot of money in to my car. In any case, I was looking at Piaa's and read that they are pretty nice. I'm not too knowledgeable about bulbs and was wondering if you guys can give me some feedback. Here are some H7 bulbs i saw up for sale.

Piaa xtreme force - 4700k
Piaa xtreme white plus - 4000k
piaa xtreme white - 4150k

Which one of these would you guys recommend and why? ALso, if you guys can recommend me some other bulbs from other manufactuers that would be helpful too. Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
I like my nokya bulbs. I think they're 7000k. All the bulbs you listed will look like the stock amber but brighter. I don't know if you want that you never said anything about the color.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mafiesto said:
I like my nokya bulbs. I think they're 7000k. All the bulbs you listed will look like the stock amber but brighter. I don't know if you want that you never said anything about the color.
Well, i'm not sure if i want to get anything above 5000k b/c i heard that as you get higher, you get less visibility. The only thing i care about is that it doesnt look yellow like my stocks do. I perfer clear white, but a slight blue tint wouldnt be bad either. Thanks :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hmm. I'm pretty sure mine are 7000k and they're almost completely white w/ a hint of blue. Mine are Stage 1 70watt output Nokya's. I like them, I can see very well at night and my entire windshield is tinted.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
ANY white or blue bulb will lose visibility unless its a higher wattage than stock. It's physically impossible to gain brightness with one of those bulbs at 55W, since they use a blue coating to change their color, which actually blocks out some light (similar to window tint). They usually don't last as long as stock bulbs, either (name brand bulbs or cheapo bulbs). I've been through enough bulbs to learn it's best to either give up, or save up for HIDs. BTW, PIAA bulbs are waaaaay overpriced, especially since they use the same supplier on some bulbs as APC. :thumbdown

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Get some Sylvania Silverstars or some Cool Blue bulbs which look a lot more white than stock but much better visibility. Trust me, you will not be diasppointed with either ones.

Justin

·
Registered
386 Posts
dont get nokya unless you want the "look" i used these for 1 year. you cant see **** when the road is dark colored or wet.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by imp0rted1
dont get nokya unless you want the "look" i used these for 1 year. you cant see **** when the road is dark colored or wet.
:werd:
My friend had them, and they were seriously dimmer than my headlights at the time (Philips Blue Vision, which burned out in 6 months :thumbdown ). Blue bulbs are horrible in rainy weather.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts