NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is easy and important to allot of interior mods out there. Most people know what to do but this is for those who don

·
Registered
265 Posts
Automatic Center Console

An automatic is actually the same.

I just went out and took some pictures of it, I found yours helpful and i figured it cant hurt to add some more.
Really the only difference is that you have to put it in neutral* before removing the outer plastic rim. The screws are all in the same places.

*(you dont have to, if you are not removing all of it, but if you need to take the top part off then you will have to.)

P.S. I dont know if you mentioned this in your guide, but it is really important to remove the knob that selects inside or outside air for the air conditioning. I forgot to remove mine and it fell into my hand, but it was really close to falling into the black abyss made by removing everything. So pretty much, if you dont remove it, you will probibly never see that little knob switcher thing again. And it just pulls off by the way. I recommend pulling off all the knobs before starting to take apart the console, so that way, there is no chance of you loosing them.

Here are two pictures of the knob that should be removed:

I didnt realize that I actually caught a picture of it falling into my hand, its hard to tell... but I think it is still in the air.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice additions! and good call on that darn center knob. I've popped it off into the back of my car a few times

·
Registered
265 Posts
Automatic Center Console

Thanks, and I actually did want to add one more picture. I had to wait so I could sort some bugs out with the uploading of it.

There is actually one more difference between the auto and manual. It is just the shape of the bottom of the console there. It would probibly be really easy for someone to find were to pull up on, but for the sake of having a complete guide with pictures for both manual and automatic, I shall add this:

I outlined in red where to grab to get it started, but I think where my hand is would be the best place. You might want to start it there and then use your other hand and go around the edges pulling it up so there is not a bunch of resistance.

So to sum it up, if you have an automatic, put it in neutral and then pull all four knobs off, then pull the bottom off like in the picture. Then follow the rest of the steps from the first post.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,358 Posts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.