NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was sitting bored at home so I decided to take the toyota and gt badges off my 01 carbon blue since I've been meaning to do it. Anyways I heated it up with a hair dryer and took some dental floss and got them off. I then used goo gone to get off all the extra glue and stuff but there is still a faint outline of the words on the back of my celica, never happened to me with any other car, anyone have any idea how to get it off or what to do? it looks good at first glance but you can totally see where the letters went, any suggestions what to do with this?

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
can i have your badges? :D

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
i think i used a nylon scrubbin pad on my old GT, and then just a few washes i'd scrub a little harder and then would wax it too...but mine was silver.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Use a clay bar and it'll come right off, if not between a wash and a wax it'll fade. You could also use Goof Off.

·
Banned
4,182 Posts
DO NOT USE GOOF OFF. it will mess up your paint baaaad, we tried it on my freinds tC and i just wanna send out a warning for that.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Depends how you use it, if your an idiot then you'll mess the paint up.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I used goo gone for mine. Then let it set a few minutes then got a soft microfiber cloth and wiped it away. Then rinse the area with car soap then wash it off. Any left over residue of goo gone may stain if you don't wash it off.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
TRD-CELICA-GT02 said:
I used goo gone for mine. Then let it set a few minutes then got a soft microfiber cloth and wiped it away. Then rinse the area with car soap then wash it off. Any left over residue of goo gone may stain if you don't wash it off.
can i have your hatch emblems?

·
Registered
138 Posts
if you havent already solved your problem,
just use scratch x or rubbing compound then wax it off after following the instructions..
that should work nicely....given your car is 01
gd luck

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys for the help with this luckily it has gone away like 98% and the rest will go away in the next few washes I'm sure. I used a rubbing compound made by turtle wax along with a turtle wax scratch and swirl remover I had these left over from some lights I custom made for my acura legend, anywho it worked like a charm, I did it like 2 or 3 times with each thing and its all gone now so for the next CB owner there's your remedy or the clay bar I'm sure would also work really well

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
vatik said:
bug and tar remover. i wouldn't put any household cleaning products on my car, but thats just me. you can pick it up at autozone, works like a champ.
Bug and Tar remover doesn't work, I tried it.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
clay bar the affected area.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts