NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm trying to strip my interior to dye it, anyways, I've removed the screws on each side of the auxillary box and the screws on the side where the shifter is, but I can't get any of that plastic off, it is stuck in there, I just wanted to know you you guys took off all that placstic that surounds the Center Console and the Auxillary box. How many screws are there?

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
Not really sure what you're talking about - your talking about the panels where the passenger side fuse access cover is? I *think* after you take out all the screws it's held in with friction clips. You just have to pull on them until they pop out. Reach your hand up behind there and feel around for them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I am talking about that piece, plus everthing thats attached to that going towards the auxillary box (the box that is locatted after the e-brake, thats what they called it in the manual) Anyways, I can't get those pieces off. Got the glove box off and the panel under the steering wheel off no problem, but I'm stuck there. So basicly, if you know how to take of the storage compartment that is located behind the e-brake (which is called the auxillary box in the manual) please let me know.

Thnx

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
OH you mean the armrest. Open the compartment door and lift up the false floor (black felt material). Remove the 2 - 10mm bolts. There are also 2 or 4 screws along the bottom sides hidden by the seats. You have to push the seats all the way back to get at them. Then just lift it up and out over the ebrake and shifter. Thats all there is to it. (automatics might be slightly different though)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts