NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I removed the badges from my 2003 GT-S today. The back two were simple. The front though is not removable unless you want two ugly holes showing. I can't believe I haven't seen any posts about this on here so far, but let this be a warning to people with 2003's.

The (T) badge on the front bumper has 2 pegs on the back of it that line up with 2 holes on the bumper. Only the ususal double stick substance is really holding it on, so I don't know why they had to make the holes in the bumper!!! I peeled it off and was so pissed when I saw the holes :(

Anyone have a 2003 and an imaginative way to do something with the front emblem? I don't really want to go through the hasssle and expense of having the holes filled and painted by a body shop.

Also, anyone move their GT-S emblem to the inside of the car? I'm thinking of doing that like on the passenger side dash or on the sunglass holder door. If I do, I would put a gun metal overlay on it so it will match and won't be red.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
most people get an aftermarket front bumper and don't put the Toyota T back on

I think you're stuck with either the T or the holes unless you want to go to the bodyshop

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True. Another possibility might be to move the GT-S emblem to the front, and use it to cover up the holes. It's a little bit smaller, but I'm not sure that will look better than the big T.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where do you get that sticky crap that the factory uses to stick the emblems down with? What is it called, and who makes it?

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
I bought it at autozone, for like 3 bux. I forgot what its called but 3M makes it. just go up to one of the employees and tell them that you need an adhesive for emblems. they'll know where to point ya

1 - 6 of 6 Posts