NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Transmission is out of the car, but I still don't see how to pull the drivers axle out of the tranny. It looks like I can get a flathead behind it to try and pry it out though I'm hoping to do it correctly and not damage anything. Whats the trick?

·
Banned
1,445 Posts
:wtf: if the tranny is out of the car, then is the cv out of the car with the tranny? usually, what we do to avoid rebuilding of the boots, we remove the mount from the engine rear (useless here), slip off the little metalgasket cover on the tranny slide with a flathead... make sure to not get oil everywhere, once the cv exits, it will spill. dismantle the mcpherson strut, grab the hub and pull. :pop: if your cv and tranny are already out as a team, then just make sure you got the metal gasket cover off, grab at the cv junction (near what would be the engine mount location) and pull it out.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,264 Posts
The thing has a snap ring. Try to hold it as centered and leveled as possible and give it a firm yank.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
dude....slide hammer from autozone....$20 rental and takes less than a minute and the axle is off of the tranny....if you try to use a flathead, you will probably damage the driveshaft seals (which you may want to replace anyway)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up being way too sick that morning to deal with it and shipped the transmission with the CV axle stuck in it. Congrats to the buyer, you get a free CV :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts