NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna attempt to modify my engine mounts like skreemin_trdgts did (not as stiff, though), and I was wondering if it was safe to remove and modify each engine mount one at a time without any type of engine support.

·
Registered
380 Posts
The front one is easily removable. The engine will hang there nicely.

The passenger side is a pain in the ***. I had to do this the other day and it seems to be to one holding the engine up. If you take it out you'll have to hoist the engine so it doesn't move.

I didn't figure this out until it was almost too late. Man, were the words flying when I tried putting it back in.

Not sure about the rear.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Yeah the side mounts on the frame rails support the weight of the engine. To remove those you will have to support the engine. However, stiffening those side mounts will do very little, if anything, to limit engine movement. The front and rear mounts control(or fail to control) the movement. The front mount can be removed easily in about 10 minutes or less. The rear mount you are gonna hate taking out, because you will have to practically remove the engine crossmember as well as the front-to-rear crossmember that runs in between the under-engine plastics. About as much fun as installing a header :rolleyes:
Although you know the simplest fix is to spend the $100 and fifteen minutes of time and just put in my mount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.