NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Ok Pro...I just did a write up on how to take the dash out, and this was included...but I'll type it out again. There are two torx screws on either side of the steering wheel that need to come out. First, remove the negative from the battery. Remove the two torx screws, then lift the pad out. There's a connector to take off, and thats about it. No chance of damage if you know what your doing

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
THE_PRO said:
How do I remove the horn pad as circled in the image? Is this hard to do? Also would I set off the airbag or do damage to the steering wheel by doing this?

are you replacing your steering wheel?

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
THE_PRO said:
I replaced mine with MOMO's.... like what Lormax said, disconnect the "-" of the battery for a good 20-30 to make sure that theres no power reserve in the car. Use torx wrenches to take the torx screw behind the pad.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
ringthree said:

That is not a JDM steering wheel. The opposite areas are colored on the JDM steering wheel.
Picture you posted is the JDM "STOCK" steering wheel. The PRO posted the JDM "TRD" steering wheel.....that's the same steering wheel (RED DRAGON TURBO GT) has in his car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts