NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am planning on removing the stock spoiler on my 2004 Gt and I plan on leaving it with no spoiler since I think it looks better but before I do I hope I can get some questions answered.

When I remove the spoiler there will be 4 holes and I need to know if water getting into the holes will be a problem.

·
Registered
579 Posts
when you remove the stock spoiler, it leaves 4 holes, and two guide nubs that stick out of the trunk... to do this right you need a shop to shave off the nubs, fill the holes, and repaint the area (or the whole trunk)...

·
Registered
792 Posts
define problem. It will mean water getting into your car possibly collecting in the rear hatch or dripping down into the spare wheel well. It shouldnt cause any immediate problems unless you are caught in a really bad storm. I drove around with mine like that for a few days to see if i liked the look. But it back on afterwards till I get a chance to have the work done.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
bro take this from experience. i have removed my stock one on my 02' GT, big no no unless u plan on leaving it off, and when taking it off be very careful not to drop the 4 bolts down into the hatch. i did that and it took a couple of hrs. to get em out. so if ya take it off leave it off for good.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I found a very good solution to pluging up those holes. I too like the wingless look, and I bought my Celica back in this past May and took the wing off immediatly. An easy solution I found was to take a small square of Dynomat and from inside - just lay it over the hole. It creates a seal, doesn't show ontop of the trunk and it keeps water out completely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts