NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much does it cost to repaint the entire car? My car has so many nicks, dings, and scratches and I dont think I can show my car with it. What I'm looking for is the price it would cost me to repaint my entire car from a quality shop.

If I repaint the same color, I won't need to do engine bay, so how much should I expect?

If I repaint a different color, I would want to do the engine bay and all the little crevices so you wouldn't be able to see red anywhere, how much should I expect to pay for that?

Also if you have shop recommendations, particularly in Southern california, please let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
What color would u repaint it if not red? But if u do change colors, it prob goin to cost a lot more for the engine bay. So if u can fork out more money go with a new color i say.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I would say it would cost around $800 - $1000 to re-paint the exterior in the same color and over $6000 to change the color if you want to do the engine bay, and thats if you use regular cheap paint and a normal 2 stage job, if you choose a pearl or something, the cost will go way up even more.

The engine bay isn't something that is typically painted when doing a color change because of all the labor involved, normally you do everything else except for that(door jambs, trunk, ect. Think about it, to gain access to the engine bay you are going to have to remove the entire engine, radiator/air conditioner condensor and all it's plumbing, all of the vacuume hoses, ect. That is the only way that you will be able to paint everything in their so you wont see any more red paint.

Why don't you just do a regular color change and save the engine bay for later? That way you won't have to face the entire cost all at once, you could just go back and finish the engine bay a year later or something.

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
...or you could just pick a color that is SIMILAR to your existing color so you would'nt really notice the difference. For instance, your car is red...just pick a different shade of red, add pearl, etc...like the RSX red pearl. Just an idea. Because it always looks so cheap when the outside of the car dosen't match the engine bay. Beleive it or not, judges notice that stuff at car shows, so its your call. My .02

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
definately do not change the color without the engine...

the only time i think it's safe to color change and not paint the engine would be when your engine bay is black...

too bad the celi isn't like the 02 WRX, the engine bays come black!!! for all colors

stick to red...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts