1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font size=+1><b>Replacement Remote for Stock Alarm</b> by voidhawk</font>

<hr width=25% align=left>

Hi there,

I recently had to add a replacement remote to the stock alarm system on my celi. My dealer wanted like $200 for it ($150 for the remote + $50 for the install). Fortunately, I got the remote of ebay for $10, and a kind soul on nc.org had instructions on how to program it. I thought it might make a good addition to the install section. Info follows...

Ralph (aka voidhawk)

<hr width=25% align=left>
1) Getting a Replacement Remote

Look on ebay or google, make sure the remote has the following FCC-ID: bab237131-056

2) Installing the remote (credit to iPal)

1 open door, take key out...

2 insert and remove key from ignition 2 times

3 close and open driver's door 2 times

4 insert and remove key from ignition

5 close and open driver's door 2 times

6 insert key into ignition

7 close door

8 turn ignition from 'lock' to 'on' and back to 'lock'

if you do step #8

*1 time it's for add mode

*2 times for rewrite mode

*3 times for confirmation mode

*4 times for prohibition mode

9 remove key

10 then door lock will cycle 'lock' and 'unlock' a number of times
corresponding to your key cycles in step #8

11 press lock and unlock button together for 1 ~ 1.5 sec then release

12 then within 3 sec press lock button for 1 sec then release

13 if you did correctly door lock will cycle once...

if wrong, twice... then do it over...

·
Registered
6 Posts
you wouldnt happen to have the programming sequence for the stock remote would you?...or is it the same steps with that one as well?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey, do you need to use the original key in order to do this install? Because I got the remote, and tried to install the remote many times. The only thing I can think of as to why it doesnt work is because I don't have the original key, I have a copy from home depot. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
yeah i just bought 2 keys from ebay and it dont seem to work...but i just found this out from 2way.

TOYOTA 3BD
Weight: 0.2 Lbs
REMOTE MADE FOR: TOYOTA

·
Registered
267 Posts
im looking on ebay ive found
BAB237131-056 says for celica
HYQ12BAN says for celica
GQ43VT14T some says for vibe, matrix others camry, solara
can anyone verify which one in fact?

also while im at it; seems to be impossible to find a genuine toyota key for the celica...theyre all ilco brand i dont want to run into the same trouble programming...the one i have now is a curtis or something and its bent and a POS

·
Registered
267 Posts
99_S281 said:
BAB237131-056
tried that one; it wont program, is this because i have a 'curtis' key, do i need a toyota key? dont know why mine came with 1 generic key no spares :(

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,639 Posts
No. There is no RFID tag in a USDM Celica key.

"Toyota equips their vehicles with a variety of remote keyless entry systems. Some systems are factory installed, and some are dealer or port installed. These are designated as VIP or RS3200 systems. According to the latest Toyota technical service bulletin, these are the vehicles they fit. They may fit other years/models, consult with your Toyota dealer first."

Toyota remote for factory installed system:
2000 - 2001 Camry
1999 - 2001 Solara
2000 - 2003 Celica
2001 - 2003 RAV4
1999 - 2003 Sienna w/out power door option
2003 - 2005 Corolla
2003 Matrix
FCC ID: GQ43VT14T
CAN: 1470 102 849
This is a 3-button Toyota remote with a red panic button on the back.

For vehicles equipped with the RS32000 or VIP system (Note the LED light on top)
2002-2004 Tacoma
2002-2005 Tundra (Except double cab)
2001-2002 Sienna
2000-2001 Avalon
2000-2003 Camry
2000-2003 Celica
2001-2002 Sienna
2001-2003 RAV4
2000-2002 4Runner
2000-2003 Echo
FCC ID: BAB237131-056
CANADA:2024 102 1519
NOTE: These are the dealer or port-installed systems. Toyota put these on several different years and models. If your remote looks EXACTLY like this (with the LED light) it is the one you need, regardless of the year or model.

This is a 3-button Toyota remote with a red panic button on the back.

Check the FCC number on the back of your current remote (if you have one) and compare to the FCC numbers before ordering.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I hope it's okay to post in this thread. I have a Toyota Corolla 2003. My remote also works the car alarm. Starting today, my remote will not lock my car. It will unlock it, but only when I hold the remote very close to the remote sensor. I know the car lock/alarm works, because after you leave the car for 30 seconds, the doors will lock and the alarm will engage. I took my remote to Radio Shack and they tested the battery, which is fine. I then went to a local Toyota dealer (not the one I bought the car from) and they told me it's an aftermarket alarm that was run through the remote, so they don't have the wiring diagram to figure out what's going on. I have another remote which I will try tonight when my husband gets home from work. If I need a new remote, will I be able to program it to use the alarm as well? Thanks for any help, it's greatly appreciated. My remote is the 2 button with the panic button on the back, and the numbers are the following:

FCC ID: GQ43VT14T
CAN: 1470 102 849

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nevermind, I guess. I decided to take apart my remote, and I played around with a couple things on the circuitboard, and now it's working.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have a new remote that does the remote start, but it does not controll my "stock upgraded alarm" Is there any way I can program my remote start/keyless entry remote to work my TDS alarm? It came stock with an upgraded TDS remot system. The stock remote is almost shaped like an "L" with three buttons. A big red one, a little black one in the middle, and a little green one on bottem wich turns the DRL on for 15 seconds. Any suggestions?

·
15,639 Posts
No, probably not. Two separate & different systems. It might be possible to find a "learning" remote that could do both... but I doubt it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a stock alarm and an after market alarm. The stock alarm never gets used but the other day I went to get in my car after turning the after market alarm off and the stock alarm started going off. The remote was inside the car so I know it didnt get pressed or anything but some how it set itself. The problem happened when I got the stock alarm remote and it wouldnt turn the alarm off. We unhooked the wire from the battery so we could stop the alarm but it has a kill switch so my whole car was dead then. It wont let me start it either so I have no way of getting my car to go anywhere. I have the alarm that has one big red buttong then a black button and then a green one. I have never used it before so I dont know a whole lot about how to use it. Please help. My car thinks I'm stealing it.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
What is PROHIBITION mode? And did every system come with a "beeper" that beeps or makes a sound when the car is locked/unlocked? Mine doesn't do it, but I've heard some poeple say there's does. Any way to turn that on and off? I have an '02 GT Action package. It came with the system and has two remotes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My range on my keyfob has been becoming increasingly terrible, so I replaced the battery. Skipping past the part where I got stuck in a parking lot with the alarm going off for 10 minutes, it doesn't work anymore.

I assume it needs to be reprogrammed, so I followed the guide above carefully multiple times. No matter which choice I did at step 8, the door locks never cycled.

I'm pretty sure I have the TDS setup, is the programming any different for that?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bump... I've just got a crappy paperweight until I find out how to program the TDS system.

·
15,639 Posts
^See above for the VIP system.

·
Registered
50 Posts
2way said:
^See above for the VIP system.
I might be blind but I can't find it above... fortunately, after quite a bit of googling I finally got some good results. I was about ready to pay for the directions.. anyway, I found the TDS directions here for a camry, but it worked perfect using the red button on my TDS system. Actually much easier to do than the door close/key insert method too.

This is how I did it for my car:

Note: make sure you have ALL the transmitters you are planning to program. For example, if you already have two working transmitters, and you are wanting to program a third transmitter, all three must be programmed together.

I got in the car and closed the driver's door. All the other doors were closed. I started with the doors unlocked.

Turned the valet switch (or the hidden on / off switch) to the "valet" or "off" position.

Inserted the key into the ignition switch and turned the key to the "on" position.

Turned the valet switch to "on" then "off" four times. After the fourth cycle, the LED light to the left of the steering column and the parking lights flashed four times to indicate the receiver was in the programming mode.

Pushed the button on the first transmitter and held it until the transmitter's LED light illuminated. The parking lights flashed once to indicate the receiver accepted the signal. Repeated this step for each transmitter.

When I finished with the last transmitter, I turned the ignition switch back to "off" and removed the key.

I then tested all the transmitters to make sure they worked.
EDIT: Just found a post on newcelica here for it as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All this programing information I have found is for a RS3200 system. I have factory system which I think is a VIP no LED. Cant seem to find a program that will reprogram this system. Anyone know of a link to help me out? Thank.s

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.