NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,636 Posts
The TSB posted above covers the OEM Keyless Entry. Anything that alarms is either a TVIP or aftermarket alarm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks 2way,

Not sure what is going on here. Parts dept gave me a FCC number of HYQq12BAN. Bought the FOBS on ebay. Try to program with instructions, car goes into programing mode, but nothing happens when I push the lock unlock keys together and then the lock. Batteries both good. Could be bad fobs I guess or a bad receiver/sender in car. Both sort of unlikely. Maybe the FCC number is not right. Anyone know where to find the FCC number on the remote entry transmitter or control on a 2001 Celica GT? Thanks. for the help. The car has either a factory alarm or dealer add on. Not sure which.

·
15,636 Posts
TRDoug said:
What is PROHIBITION mode?
To delete all the registered codes and to prohibit the wireless door lock function.
This mode is often used when the transmitter is lost or an aftermarket alarm is installed.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I recently had a viper alarm system removed from my celica.

I bought a couple of the remotes from http://remotesandkeys.com/
When I went to program then, I run through all the steps and the car doesnt enter programming mode.
Perhaps it was entered into prohibition mode? Do you guys have any ideas?

Thanks

·
15,636 Posts
I don't know why you would remove the Viper. How do you know that you have OEM keyless entry or security?

·
Registered
179 Posts
How do you find out if you have OEM keyless entry or not?? I think i have a valet button on the left of the steering wheel. When ever i reconnect the battery the car starts honking the horn untill i put the key in the ignition and turn to ignition and press the button.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem as Chomamma. Got a factory key based on my VIN and the remote FCCID is HYQq12BAN. Car goes in program mode, but remote does not register. Do I need to get a remote with different FCCID? How do we tell if our system is RS3200 or RSS-210? Thanks

·
15,636 Posts
I should add this to the sticky:

There are many different systems...... RS-3000, RS-3200, RS-3200 VIP and the VERY vanilla keyless entry. Anything that beeps is an RS. Anything with an LED on the dash that is labeled SECURITY is an RS. An un-labeled LED is likely an aftermarket.

You have to pay attention as to whether you are dealing with the vanilla keyless entry programming or the RS. I think that the RS programming changed in either '03 or '04+ and that info is probably different.

·
15,636 Posts
See post #24

·
Registered
809 Posts
But will that disable like, the auto door locking when you start the car and stuff. I just don't want to have duplicate functionality when i install the new system.

·
15,636 Posts
It should

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi there,
i don't know the fcc id of my remote, as i did not get it when i bought the car. is it written anywhere else in the car..? it's a 2003 celica. and i am thinking of buying a new fob. please help me out.
thanks

·
15,636 Posts
No, it isn't. You can have a dealer run your VIN. However:
Anything with an LED on the dash that is labeled SECURITY is an RS. An un-labeled LED is likely an aftermarket.
can narrow things down a little.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi there,
will any one please tell me what is the programming procedure for factory installed remote of 2003 celica . the fcc id is GQ43VT14T.
thanks very much.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
my fcc id on my auto mate remotes is EZSDEI476

I don't think i'm going to be able to control the rs3200 system with these. So I was going to order the toyota one with FCC ID: BAB237131-056

My keyless was added before I bought the car, so is it safe to assume they used the same factory sensor but ended up with some funky fcc # on the remote?

This stuff is still new to me, so some stuff still does not make a lot of sense.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.