NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I looked around for awhile and couldn't find what I'm looking for. I replaced my speakers and the stock amp isn't pushing them enough so I was wondering how exactlly could I hook up an autotek or fli amp to my oem headunit cuz I don't really want to replace the head unit. Also will the schoshe brackets for the celica work for 5 1/2" speakers. I'm asking you guys because I figure someone will know how and at the moment I don't have the time to pull out the glove box to get to the stock one and figure it out myself and possibly messing it up. Also i'd like to do as little rewiring as possible as that would require pulling out a lot more and I need this car for my daily driver

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
used the factory signal input at the amp, put some rcs ends on it, hook it up the the new amp. Tap the output side of the aftermarket amp to the output side of the oem amp, or run new wire to the spkrs.

OEM amp input=full range.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,664 Posts
I replaced my speakers and the stock amp isn't pushing them enough
How are they wired? The early MY amps have a separate output for subs in the doors.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I have the oem premium head unit hooked up to two alpine amps. All I did was wire RCA ends on the signal outputs from the HU. Because its a common ground setup(5 wires, 4 signal/ 1 ground) you need to wire the center pins of the RCAs to the 4 signal wires and connect all the outer shells together to the signal ground wire.
You can then use the Metra harness to connet the speaker outputs of the amp to the stock speaker wires at the stock amp. I have components in the doors so I did not use the extra two pairs of wires for the tweeters.

I also did this while using the car as a daily driver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts