NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to get a few opionions from everyone. I have a 01 GT-S with over 92,000 miles on it. I love my car and I want to keep it for awhile, but I have high miles and am thinking of replacing the motor in a year or two. Should I? Is it worth it and will it be as reliable as it is now? Where can I find a new motor and how much do think it would cost?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Why wouldnt you just get your $$'s worth out of it and drive it another 100k miles until it finally gives out and then consider rebuiding it with strengthend internals or buying a new block all together? If it isnt having any probs then why scrap a good engine? Acutually just get a nice turbo kit and run 14psi until it finally gives out, that way you have reasoning for getting a new engine and you can have some fun until you do make a swap :thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya'll are right and I think that way alot of times too. I am just paranoid becuase I love my celica so much and just want to keep it running good. Thanks, I needed to hear that from other celica owners.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Right! If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Apart from My Celica I have three Toyota Crowns of different eras, all with their original, high mileage engines. Two are way past 200K and they have their assortment of noises but man, still going strong.
My 2000 GT-S doesn't have it's original, but it's the stupidity of the original owner, a young fellow who didn't know how to handle the car ( as in cold start burn-outs, hitting lift all the time with a cold engine, showing off his stupidity and ending up with a piston flying up into the head) I trully rescued it from his hands. I'm at 57K on the car, engine was out of a 2001 GT-S and have rebuilt it since.
Keep driving your car man, cars are meant to be driven, rebuild when it finally needs a rebuild.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Speaking of rebuild how much does it run for each GT and GT-S?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts