NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I am looking to replace all 6 of my oem factory speakers. Currently I have the Dual XDVD8285

I looking to spend around 300-400 to replace all 6 speakers. What all do I need besides the speakers, and what speakers would you recommend?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im just using crutchfield as my research base, but on there they only have the kappa series in 5 1/4 component speaker systems. I thought we had 6 1/2 inch speakers all around.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what would be the best place to buy from and what all do I need? I know i need 2 tweeters and 4 component 6 1/2" speakers. Anything else?

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
i have heard good things from alpine

·
Registered
268 Posts
infinity kappa perfects make a 6 1/2 component but it won't be a direct bolt in the front doors, you will have to make a bracket to hold it in (i know this because it is what i'm running) but they do sound good for the money if you look around on like ebay or somewhere like that you should be able to find a set pretty cheap, but they aren't going to sound good unless they are amplified and i don't know enough about the stock stereo in the celica to know if they are all amplified or not,

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
I would prefer a direct bolt on
no speaker u buy will be a direct bolt on.. u gotta make ur own bracket. or do what Xoxol did with his install http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=273723. I made my own brackets using some wood that i had lying around and using a drill and a jigsaw to make it. There's also areas u can mount crossovers on there too if ur speakers come with them.

infinity kappa perfects make a 6 1/2 component but it won't be a direct bolt in the front doors, you will have to make a bracket to hold it in (i know this because it is what i'm running) but they do sound good for the money if you look around on like ebay or somewhere like that you should be able to find a set pretty cheap, but they aren't going to sound good unless they are amplified and i don't know enough about the stock stereo in the celica to know if they are all amplified or not,
The celica gts premium sound package came with with an amp for the stock deck. the gt did not. As far as having an amplifer for speakers... if your decks powerful enough u wont need one. I honestly can't tell the difference with my deck (jvc kd-avx2) if it's hooked up to an amp or not. It just sounds amazing to me. now for subs, install a amp.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Do you know which speakers come with crossovers, or where to get them? Also, are there any other alternatives, im thinking about getting new speakers as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Boston Acoustics come with the crossovers . They also give you the option of hooking the woofer crossover directly to the tweeter crossover as one unit or you can leave them separate . The advantage to this is that finding a place to mount the crossovers becomes much easier .

·
Registered
614 Posts
Beyma rulez!!!

So far I have all Beyma but tweeters... but it's gonna be next spring project since its getting cold.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
im partial to the pioneer premier component sets, just picked up 2 pairs for my car off ebay for like 150. they sound freaking sweet! came with 2 woofers and 2 tweeters plus crossovers per set, if you want to save some green ya cant go wrong...

·
Registered
614 Posts
is it well know in Europe? Because here its just starting and the company I work for is the only distributor of Beyma in Northern America.

·
Registered
202 Posts
is it well know in Europe? Because here its just starting and the company I work for is the only distributor of Beyma in Northern America.

Beyma was known in Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, France.

Here in Belgium was the european distributor of Beyma.

But In Belgium, the only thing they wanted was Rockford Fosgate.

You only could buy Beyma in Selected shops here.

Now the distributor in Belgium has stopped with Beyma (2 years ago) and now the only place you can get still some Beyma is Germany and a few shops in the Netherlands.

I can't get it anymore in Belgium.

In Spain, home of Beyma, it's still very wanted.

I'm playing with Beyma for 6 or 7 years now.

I had it in my former car and now in my Celi.

·
Registered
614 Posts
so, looks like I'm lucky ) I can get it for cheap and we have entire line including amps and subs.

·
Registered
990 Posts
OK first off let me ask are you trying to go for better sound? are you going to be running a separate 4 channel amp for these speakers? also are you going to be using you're i-pod? answer these questions and i will help you.
i have a very loud system and yes i still use the stock speakers.
my deck is a pioneer AVH-P5000DVD 7inch flip out with pioneer's new Advanced sound retriever witch is for the recovery of compressed mp3 files, witch is a huge help in almost matching CD quality.(i use a 8GB flash drive for my music).
ALPINE ERE G-190 subwoofer EQ full control of my sub's up front.
ZAPCO AG 360 4CHANNEL
ZAPCO AG1000 2CHANNEL
TWO 12" ECLIPSE ALUMINUM CONE SUB'S
AND YES COMPLETELY STOCK SPEAKERS.
allot of people in the car audio world i talk with say the stock speaker system on the 7th gen Ceil's are in no need for replacing or wasting money on. and you do know these stock speakers are made by ECLIPSE AND JBL depending on what year gts-gt is.i can agree to that the sound is very good.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts