NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Replacing Sick Engine !!!!Pics

I finally got around to replacing my oil burning 1zz from my 2000 GT,I picked up an 05 Corolla engine W/23K on it,should be able to fire it up tomarrow.I also turned flywheel and replaced clutch set while I was in there.I put motor back in the car this morning,all that needs done are the AC,PS,and alternator and fill all fluids and am ready to fire up !!! I followed Smaay's directions and it was pretty straight forward.I also had to replace Cat because old one was caked up with burned oil and made CEL light come on and also made car doggy.
[/IMG]

·
Banned
9,353 Posts
Nice post some pics of the clean engine when it's installed.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
^rollas dont have the 2zz as an option

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I paid $1K for this motor,long block only had to use all my sensors,IN,EX,flywheel.The old motor actually ran ok but used a quart every 500 mi and had a slight rod knock.I sold it as a whole rebuildable core for $500
to a local machine shop,so I actually am only out $500.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Before Image,I picked this car up for $2800 with a sick motor !!!78K on it.New Engine ready to install on hoist.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Notice radiator and fans where not removed but I had to remove front motor mount from block before pulling engine.This project was really not that bad if you have the correct tools and a little mechanical ability.When pulling and installing motor an extra set of hands is absolutly necessary.Also for safety sake have a another person standing by with a floor jack before crawling underneath car !!!I even put an extra set of jack stands under car just in case !!!
[/IMG]

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finished car up on Sunday and took it for a test drive and it runs way better with a fresh engine,new Cat and a new clutch set.What I noticed right off the bat is how much faster the motor revs up with a unclogged cat.I am also sure the lack of bad rings gives car more power also !!! So far I put 200+ miles on car and it runs awesome !!! I also noticed a substantial increase in fuel mileage and no more CEL !!! This car is just a fun beater for me,my daily driver is my 05 4Runner SE !!! I am 47 years old and this little car makes me feel younger,it is a blast to drive on back country roads !!! I also put new rotors and pads on it also.I would love to drive a GT-S I am sure it is even
more of a rush !!! I can now see why all you guys and girls love your Celica's so much !!! It is like a little Ferrari !!!! Thanks to Smaay,everything went real smooth !!!Listen to this guy,he really knows his Celica's !!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts