NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a universal o2 sensor and want to replace it this weekend. It has two white wires, a black wire and a gray wire. Does anybody know a write up to explain where each wire goes?

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
I have a pinout for the 02 sensor on my puter at the apartment. I'll dig it up and pm you the info when i get home.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
pull the carpet back on the passenger side and you'll see the plugs where the 02 sensors hook up to.

you should be able to figure it out from there

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've read its right on the exhaust pipe above the cat and i've read you can access it from inside. So I dont know. The main thing I am curious about is how do i know which wires to where? I have one white, black and two grey wires

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
stock o2 wiring :

Black Wire- 12volt heater
Black Wire- Heater Ground
Blue Wire- Output Signal (goes into ECU)
White Wire- 450 millivolts reference signal sent from the computer

your two grays are power and ground i guess...is it a bosch o2?

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,530 Posts
Dang... I remember this same thing from another thread... & do you think I can find it... NO..

I believe vegeta4ss is pretty much correct... I think it was the 2 gray wires are the heater & 12V, the black goes to where the blue was... and the white goes to where the gray was... but don't take this for gospel... just wish I could find that darn thread..

If you have an Ohmmeter... you can easily identify the heater circuit.

·
Registered
371 Posts
The two white wires are the heater circut - they have no polarity requirments...(you can't hook them up dackwards).

I don't recall the grey/black. I seem to remember that they grey was the signal, black was ground, but that seems backward.

Dosen't help much, but you have 50% figured now, right?

Erik Johnson

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its an SNG.

I'll be replacing it this weekend, but all that info does help. Thanks guys, any more is still appreciated

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,104 Posts
recently ive had a very noticeable drop in power and today i went to the dealer and they told me the cel was pointing towards the 02 sensors... of course, here in the UK two of them woud cost around $500!!!!!!!!

i saw some bosch 02 sensors on ebay for $80, does that price sound about right? would i need both, or just the one before the cat?

·
15,530 Posts
Celicasaur said:
would i need both, or just the one before the cat?
Depends on the CEL... but if one is gone... probably not a bad idea to replace both... the critical one is the 1st one... the 2nd only measures CAT efficiency.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i installed both of them yesterday and im still getting the same CEL code :(

·
15,530 Posts
Code?

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,104 Posts
interesting. might as well only change the first one, because in a couple of months i plan to get rid of the middle section and cat so i'll be using one of those other sensor dummies that tricks the ecu into thinking the cat is still there.

Perhaps a new maf might help...not sure though.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
P0135 or P0125 I pulled both of those but dont remember which one is for the o2 sensor

·
15,530 Posts
Presumably, you reset the ECU?
Running a CAI?
Any vacuum leaks?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes reset ECU
Running Injen RD CAI w/ bb mod
Not sure about vacuum links, dont even know where to start

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,104 Posts
Guys im a bit lost here. Can somebody please reccomend me a good sensor to buy? shall i go with the expensive toyota/denso one or...?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
damn, so many of my old threads are being brought back to life. At least people are searching!!

Rockts, if i get a few minutes today I'll go under the car and see how I ended up wiring mine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts