NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have recently decided to do some mods ony 2000 gt-s mainly since the warranty just went out. One of the first things I want to do is replace the gauges with white face revese glow ones, however i have the automatic (I know, its the wussy version, just could never figure out how to drive a standard). But all of the gauge clusters I see, dont have the additional opening for the automatic gear display below the spedometer. I was just wondering if there was anyone who knew if you could use the regular gt-s gauges and cut out that area, or are there specific ones designed for the auto gt-s. Also, anyone know of any good online sites to buy the mods, no good ones in my area that i have found. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ne, thanks for the tip, I didnt see them at everythingcelica, but at least I know that i cant use the regular ones for the auto. If anyone else may know where to look please let me know

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
There are no reverse indiglos for the auto GTS, I'm 95% sure of that (NRAuto was supposed to make some for us, but they are :gay: and they dropped out). You CAN use the ones for the 6 speed because the only thing missing is the "M-mode" and "1-2-3-4" markers, but you don't really need those to shift, you can just go by the rpms, that's what I have in mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
wvjw > Hi, I'm new here but am a regular on the Celica-Club.co.uk forums. I run a company called Skewer (just me) in the UK making custom gauge faces and vinyl graphics - I've got the template for the gen 7 including the auto bits so I could always make up a set of dials for you. I don't do EL but if you're after reverse anyway, some mild tinkering with the LEDs coupled with the new gauge face can give you any backlighting colour you fancy. The gauges are made up to your custom spec, you can change vertually everything on it, and work out at

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.