NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it possible to change the reverse noise to like a light. I mean, i know that it's possible to take the noise out completely but i think if i do, it'll be more of a safety hazard. So, my idea is.. 1) remove the reverse noise and 2) install something where, everytime you put it into reverse, a light comes on. It would be cool if there was a "R" engraved on one of those extra buttons like the defroster button, and everytime you put it into reverse, it lights up. It will be a lot better than the noise..

I would assume it would be an easy process. After you remove the noise, just find something to connect the "sensor" of being in reverse and connect that make a LED ligh come on.. which therefore makes the "R" light up. :D:D that'd be awesome... any one have any idea or know of any previous threads about the reverse noise modifications?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
the noise isn't that bad, after 4.5 years of owning my celica i don't even notice until someone who's never been in the car asks what the noise is.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Super, I've done to my car exactly what you mentioned...an LED lights up for me now when I'm in reverse..though I never look at it now....it's more for people that haven't driven the car before, like when I'm drunk and I need someone else to drive it

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by Lormax
Super, I've done to my car exactly what you mentioned...an LED lights up for me now when I'm in reverse..though I never look at it now....it's more for people that haven't driven the car before, like when I'm drunk and I need someone else to drive it
Interesting. Did you tap into the reverse wire from the gauges, or some other wire?

·
Registered
755 Posts
The reverse wire. The LED is mounted in one of the slots on the left of the steering wheel, by the window lockout button. Ground is connected further left somewhere, don't remember exactly without looking at the car (it was done a few years ago). It was just some $1 radio shack LED

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ oh man.. is there any way you have the time to do a quick write up on that? Or post pics of your car? thanks that'd be an awesome mod.. i want to make an "R" engraved on a button and make it light up..

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Originally posted by mukalicious
easiest solution: buy a GT.
I have a GT, but still beeps while in reverse :p

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Originally posted by mukalicious
easiest solution: buy a GT.
I have a GT, but still beeps while in reverse :p

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Shouldnt be hard at all. The wire only get power when in reverse so just splice into the wire with whatever you want and it should work no problem. Correct?

·
Registered
755 Posts
There's really not much to write up...cut the wire following the reverse beep removal write up, then just splice in a wire to send that power to whatever you want. Ground it to the chassis and you're good to go. It literally was the LED, 2 lengths of wire, 3 butt splices and another terminal to secure underneath a bolt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts