NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is going in the shop in a couple months, I'm getting the k1 widebody kit being put on...........anyone know what rim and size that will fit, i basically give up on finding this damn rim to fit mine. I found one made by racinghart, but ya its discontinued.........somone help! tire size would help too :king:

· Registered
3,880 Posts
Darkcell21 said:
My car is going in the shop in a couple months, I'm getting the k1 widebody kit being put on...........anyone know what rim and size that will fit, i basically give up on finding this damn rim to fit mine. I found one made by racinghart, but ya its discontinued.........somone help! tire size would help too :king:
Save up around $3,000 for wheels and 2,000 for decent tires. Around $5k all in all.

Size reccomended 19x8.5 -4 offset and 19x10 0 offset rear. You will not be able to accomodate a big brake kit with the front offset unless you want a smaller lip. I went with a -4 offset for as much lip as possible without the wheels sticking out. This is the perfect size for the kit. I own a prototype of it took me 3 months to get it to fit correctly.

· Registered
44 Posts
i've got a set of 19" axis hiro wheels in gunmetal and tires that i bought for the same kit. they're brand new and my plans for the car have changed so i'm not using them. they're a staggered 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 with a nice lip. i'll sale them for $2000 plus shipping if you're interested just pm me.

· Registered
3,880 Posts
19's Hiro's may work depends on the spoke design too for some reason all Axis wheels can work as long as the bolt pattern is 5 x 100 they share the same offsets they don't have many offsets to choose from though as they have standardize the offset to fit on stock Celica's and you can't go custom since they've done this. Most of the wheels they sell are also fake 3 piece designs. I know because I've ran 2 sets Milano's and Mesh. They are good for the price though but very heavy. My mesh's weigh more than my custom Hart wheels.

Anyway, he'll still need spacers if he's running Axis that is for the back at least. I have Axis just sitting in the garage not even used no more. The one I was running recently a week ago was Axis Mesh they are the same size as you had but I took them off because the spacers weren't working out well to much road noise. You will also need to use extended wheels studs as well if you go with Axis and at least a 1 inch spacer in the rear the front is not necessary.

Best part about the Axis you can run a big brake kit up front so the caliper will definitely clear well that is with the Axis mesh wheels not sure about the other brands exactly I know the Milano's you will have to shave the rear of the spokes for any type of big brake to clear.

Axis are cheap and cost affordable but if your going custom go all out. Don't get standard offsets for a widebody you're car will look okay but you want to fill up the entire space not just push the wheels outward. Looking at the car from the rear it won't look so good it will look as if the center has just been pushed out and that's what spacers do. With the right wheel in the rear say a 19 x 10 the rear of your car will have a meaner stance than paper plate wheels.

I was able to do it before I got a custom offset wheel I'm looking for something else now. I kept the Axis Mesh wheels for daily the suite the car and again the spokes will clear a big brake setup by 2 cm best part about them.

If you don't care about your wheels being sunk in the wheel well, your body hanging over 5 inches, don't want to spend money on replacing wheel studs, or if you're thinking of a big brake kit. I'm telling you now it won't look decent. You might be able to pull it off but I like to do everything right the first time around.

Go custom it's the best way!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.