Votes: 3 42.9%
  • MASSIM Knight

Votes: 1 14.3%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
One of the few Non-Ricers
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'm new here (as of 20 min ago), but have been following threads for about a year now anonymously. I recently got my license and am FINALLY able to drive my car.

About 5 months ago I purchased a White 2001 Celica GT for about a quarter of what their selling for thanks to my inside connections. :310:

Toptier always hosts Spring Awakening in a city near me and I'd like to show the world that Celicas (or 7th gens at least) are not all rice and can be stanced cleanly and safely.

Because my car was so cheap I have a bit of spending available for these areas:
  • Suspension
  • Rims
  • Summer Tires (Car came with 2 sets of winters)
  • and Spacers/Camber arms if required
  • .....and maybe painting the stock skirts white to match a lot better

I have measured my offset and yes I understand how the calculations work and am thinking (for my specific car), 15mm in back & 25mm in front. The main thing I'm needing help with is deciding which rims I should buy.

I have narrowed it down to these 3:
http://www.carid.com/konig-wheels/lightning-black-machined-465558.html
http://www.carid.com/konig-wheels/control-black-43935372.html
http://www.carid.com/maxxim-wheels/knight-black-machined-467700.html

Also, here's an image of my vehicle in it's current state:

Thanks so much guys! I've seen some AMAZING builds from this site and I'll be sure to inform you on how it all goes!

-Bud

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hey guys! I'm new here (as of 20 min ago), but have been following threads for about a year now anonymously. I recently got my license and am FINALLY able to drive my car.

About 5 months ago I purchased a White 2001 Celica GT for about a quarter of what their selling for thanks to my inside connections.

Toptier always hosts Spring Awakening in a city near me and I'd like to show the world that Celicas (or 7th gens at least) are not all rice and can be stanced cleanly and safely.

Because my car was so cheap I have a bit of spending available for these areas:

• Suspension
    Rims
    Summer Tires (Car came with 2 sets of winters)
    and Spacers/Camber arms if required
    .....and maybe painting the stock skirts white to match a lot better

I have measured my offset and yes I understand how the calculations work and am thinking (for my specific car), 15mm in back & 25mm in front. The main thing I'm needing help with is deciding which rims I should buy.

I have narrowed it down to these 3:
http://www.carid.com/konig-wheels/lightning-black-machined-465558.html
http://www.carid.com/konig-wheels/control-black-43935372.html
http://www.carid.com/maxxim-wheels/knight-black-machined-467700.html

Also, here's an image of my vehicle in it's current state:

Thanks so much guys! I've seen some AMAZING builds from this site and I'll be sure to inform you on how it all goes!

-Bud
The Konig with the machined lip does not look to bad. I have a set on my 5th gen. If you're going for the all dark look then possibly the Maxxim Knight Black.

·
Poopin' on Scrubz
3,744 Posts
I wouldn't go with any of them, I hate black wheels, that's just my opinion though... I would go with some bronze wheels, mmmmmmmmmm.

I would like to second Richie, suspension would be a better fit. I personally wouldn't go with coils unless you plan on changing your ride height constantly. Even if you do change it, it's a inconvenient pain in the ass. I would go with some KYB AGX's with 2.5" drop springs. Being in Canada though, that might not be the smartest thing with snow.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I agree with charley: don't get black wheels. I think especially on a white car it just ends up looking like you have your winter tires on and you lost the hubcaps off of your black steel wheels. Gold or bronze would look great, or powder coat some vivid themed accent color if that's your fancy!

Welcome to the club!

·
Poopin' on Scrubz
3,744 Posts
I agree with charley: don't get black weeks. I think especially on a white car it just ends up looking like you have your winter tires on and you lost the hubcaps off of your black steel wheels. Gold or bronze would look great, or powder coat some vivid themed accent color if that's your fancy!

Welcome to the club!
That's exactly how I feel... When I see black wheels (even if they are nice) a few things go through my head.

-Where are the wheels? (Looks like one big tire)
-They look dirty.
-They don't "jump" out at you like they could. The color of the wheels can make the color of the car REALLY jump out a lot better. Bronze wheels would make the white pop and the white would make the bronze pop. If you have black wheels, the black will just blend in with the tires/road/and shadow of the wheel well.

That's just my opinion. :hump:

·
One of the few Non-Ricers
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would invest in a good set of coilovers, like BC's, Tein etc.first.

You don't want to look like a 4x4.
Just to clarify, I am planning on buying Springs (for the meet, then when I can afford good coilovers ill switch), Spacers, Wheels, and Rims all at the same time.

Thanks guys! I completely forgot the reason I got into stancing my celica was because of one I saw with bronze rims (completely forgot about them) xD

·
Registered
103 Posts
Another reason to not go with black wheels, especially since you want to stance your car, is that the visual effect of a stanced car is a lot more dramatic/apparent with lighter colored wheels. They really show off just how flush you are. With black wheels it just kinda looks like your body is closer to the ground and you still have the same black circles in your wheel wells.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think black wheels won't look bad on your ride. I also like the style of ICW racing. For something not too common, a set of bronze rims will match the body color of your Celica as well.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Welcome fellow Canadian, as long as you have a good pair of struts just get a decent drop with trd lowering springs, just because they are good quality and you dont just spend all money on suspension, then i would go for a pair of nice rims and a good set of max performance tires,

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts