NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting interested in getting rims for my cars. The first step is to figure out which to get. Any recommendations for black/gun metal/dark spokes with polished lip and 17inches?

I've no idea where to start so any help from locals is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'd go with 18" if I was to buy new rims, but are you looking for shops or asking opinions on which brand and style of rims? Are you going for new or used?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
know of any good shops to start shopping around at?

I dunno if 18" would look good with stock body kit, might be too big. New is fine, used is cool if it's in decent condition. and 5/6 dark spokes with a polish lip I'm pretty sure would look on my black car.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh, and the basics. all I know is that celica's have 5x100 bolt pattern. what's the offset...actually, what IS offset? and is there other things I need to know about rims, before going around and asking for some.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Well I notice you have a drop suspension, did you want to have your car lower to the ground stick with 16". but if the suspenion was to eliminate gap in the wheel well 17" - 18" would be good. Titans Has a pretty good selection, Price, but mostly knock offs though. Have you tried cheap wheels HI? on REV808 website?

BTW: Have you ever thought of painting your rims?

·
Registered
905 Posts
I think your best place is to get them online. Edge Racing is a good site for us celi owners and shipping isn't that bad.

As for the offset, I think it was +38? So ideally, you would want to get a +35 offset which will be close to matching the tire with the fender well.

From my personal experience, I wouldn't even chance getting +42 offset rims. If you have a gt, then it's fine. But since I have a gts like you, the brake discs are a little larger. When I had +42 offset, it banged against the caliper so I had to buy H&R 5mm in the front and 10mm wheel spacers.

As for the style and color, it's up to you. Black with polish lip would look nice, but I really like the polished silver look on black cars.

As for the size. I've had both 18's and 17's. To me, the 18's looked a bit large on my car. But it did fill the gap between the fender and rim nicely. Also, my 18's were a lot heavier and killed my gas mileage by about 50 miles.

Here's an example of my car which has the wheel spacers and H&R spacers. O yea, these are 17's.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^that's purdy. That's pretty much what I want, gloss black w/ polish lip cuz I don't see em around locally too much on black cars. I guess the spacers would be nice too, but not necessary for me.

K well I guess i'll start looking online. I probably won't even order till next year, I still got some stuff to pay off, but it's nice to know what you want and go for it, so i'll bump this up every few months then.

As for my suspension I have tein basic coilovers so I can adjust the height. Being low to the ground is nice, not stupid low with tucked wheels though. I like having 1-1.5 finger gap just cuz it looks "just right".

I always wanted to powder coat the stock rims to gold or bronze but the girlfriend is very against that.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
wow that's a nice and clean white car...mine is getting brown and dirty. although i don't have a garage to keep it in so it gets dirty even when it IS washed.

steak, how come your girlfriend is against powder coating it? i wanted to do that to mine and make mine a light bronze. mainly because i didn't want to buy a set of rims and have 4 extra tires lying around the house. my paint is all messed up as it is with bubbles and crap.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
she doesn't really like bronze, she's fine with powder coating, it's just I can't think of any other color besides bronze for powder coating.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
waipio? hm, didn't happen to see my car last summer did you? black celica doing pizza hut delivery, hehe, good times.

·
Registered
905 Posts
steak said:
waipio? hm, didn't happen to see my car last summer did you? black celica doing pizza hut delivery, hehe, good times.
i think i did a few times. My car is easily identified as the one with the ugly is tail lights. Planning on getting that crap removed after my turbo goes in.

I see a silver one all the time around waipio now.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
turbo in a 7th gen celica? wow, that'd be like the first one here yah? then again I'm sure someone else has done turbo here.

·
Banned
751 Posts
We had a few in the past and i came damn close to installing one myself but didnt. I had the kit(XS Eng), clutch, LSD, everything but things changed and i didnt follow thru.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
steak said:
she doesn't really like bronze, she's fine with powder coating, it's just I can't think of any other color besides bronze for powder coating.
i was thinkin of just redoing it in silver. i dunno...i like the stock rims, just wish it was 17. i was planning on getting the 5zigen FN01's in silver or hyper black, but that might be my xmas present. would u know the cost of getting the stock ones powdercoated?

WhiteCeli65 said:
i think i did a few times. My car is easily identified as the one with the ugly is tail lights. Planning on getting that crap removed after my turbo goes in.
which kit?

·
Registered
905 Posts
slopokegts said:
which kit?
It's not a full kit, I'm putting it together piece by piece. But for the most part, it's an sf kit minus the turbo and dp.

I was gonna get the greddy s/c but this deal came up that I couldnt' resist. Also, due to my last car being turboed, I feel more comfortable going the turbo route.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts