NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just bought some blue and black gauges for my gt-s from rjautoworks. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good paintpen to change my needles to blue. Anyhelp would be appriciated.

when everything is all said and done ill post pics

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
I just used spray paint an a fine brush. First, use something like nailpolish remover to get rid of the stock orange color on the needles. Then spray the paint into a paper cup and let it sit for about 10 min to thicken up slightly. Finally, paint it on the bottom and sides of the needle, and use nailpolish remover to get rid of any excess paint that gets onto the front.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
It depends on what color blue the LEDs or gauges are. Go to Pep Boys/Autozone and find the closest color (they've got tons of different paints). Here are pics of my gauges:

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
mrrovy805 said:
hey guys i just bought some blue and black gauges for my gt-s from rjautoworks. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good paintpen to change my needles to blue. Anyhelp would be appriciated.

when everything is all said and done ill post pics
Testors sells a Transparent Candy Blue spray paint at most hobby stores. Works really well.

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
Blue Bomber said:
Only thing is, the color on the needles is supposed to be opaque, not transparent.
Exactly. I learned this the hard way the second time I did my needles when I used a blue sharpie. Transparent paints/markers are not good for light dispertion. 3rd time was the charm though thanks to Bomber's help. ;)

·
Registered
2,529 Posts

i used a red one.. its opaque and i think acrylic. works very well!

dont use transparent; it doesnt work well with the needle. OEM is opaque orange, so why not be similar to OEM?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts