NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, since I got my kam cf race wing painted and installed, it's time toget rid of the rmm. It does have a few issues though, as you'll see in the pics.
The cf part needs to be recleared, which in of itself is not a big deal, (pic 1)

the passenger side wing pod needs to be shaved a little bit on the side that sticks out over the fender as it sits too low and rubbed some paint off my fender as you can see in pic #2, also rubbed paint off the pod itself. there is also a piece of a bolt stuck in the pod as you can see, that will have to be pulled and that particular hole rethreaded.

pic 3 shows a few minor imperfections in the weave, they make it look worse than it actually is unfortunately. plus it's a lil dirty, no biggie. One note, the weave imperfections are limited to the left hand lower corner on pic 3, I know the middle looks like crap, but its just dirty, the weave on the rest of the wing is perfect.
any other q's? pm or post here.
thanks.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Cool, I might be interested, can you calculate shipping to 98005?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shipping would be about $35 to your zip, gotta go find a box for this thing tho lol
no biggie tho.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
you can sell it for more then that
the rubbing is common with the rmm wing. shave a little bit and its gone. re clear the cf or paint it.
you could get 300+

·
Banned
817 Posts
X-EVIL-X said:
you can sell it for more then that
the rubbing is common with the rmm wing. shave a little bit and its gone. re clear the cf or paint it.
you could get 300+
$300+????''

might wanna do a history search on that one bud. excellent condition is right along that $300+ alley. i've two RMM wings already because of my indecisiveness in keeping them.

last RMM wing in great condition went for $225 plus shippin....where u get $300 only god knows.

his asking price could be a bit more but reclearing the RMM blade costs $100 (i've done it and $100 was the cheapest quote). fiberglassing and fixing or patching will also add to costs when u get it painted.

all in all just going by his asking price of $100 or a lil more, u will end up no doubt spending close to $300. if u buy it in this condition for $300 then ur looking at close to $450 mark....which is the price of a brand new Kaminari wing.

nuff said.

i've gone through these wings and know the deal and costs of them. i know evil also has this wing but i dont remember ever reading he had to get quotes for fixing it or reclearing. all that stuff costs money.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so far the high bid is 150 shipped.. if I get nothing better it goes to that person.
I'm gonna be gone till about 3 am est tonight, so don't worry , any more pm's or posts I'll get to tonight, promise :)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
all pm's replied to, I figure to let this go till tomorrow morning, highest bidder wins.
thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
haha i was just trying to help out him hes been on the board a lot longer then most of you like me. you wont find an rmm wing that fits right. mine rubs a little but i put little pieces of double sides tape under the base of it and its not bad. reclearing a cf hood cost 100 bucks i wouldnt think reclearing or just painting the blade would cost that much.
guess ive been on here too long most of the rmm spoilers ive seen go for 300 but havent checked it a while.
id throw it on ebay and shave the posts myself.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha me and evil, 2 of the "old school" nc.org members.
thanks tho man :thumbup:

thanks for the inquiries guys, sale is pending.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wing is still for sale, first sale fell through as I lost one of the bolt covers for one of the pods..
there is still one, so it can be used as a template for the other.. i dunno
anyone interested?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts