NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Let's hit the track!
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang. I am looking into setting up a GT for road racing and wondered if anyone on the forum can provide some guidance along these lines. I'm not interested in "trying" anything. I am interested in solutions that are tried and true. I don't have the $$ to Your assistance is much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Vague questions get vague answers

Better tires, stiffer suspension then prepare to be in the back of the pack because a GT doesn't have enough power for road racing

·
Registered
28 Posts
Check out our race team www.facebook.com/Round3Racing. We are racing two Celica GTS in SCCA. We have run in ITR, STL, and now E Production. The GT can run in several classes, including F Production.

Our site has info about the modifications that we have done to the car. Just remember....Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?

If you're really serious, connect with us through the Facebook page. We'd be happy to help you with some setup ideas.

·
Registered
28 Posts
And by the way, the Celica GT has been a multiple time national championship car in SCCA Solo racing. So, don't let anyone tell you that the Celica is not a good race car. We've won a lot of races with our little Celicas in road racing.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I don't road race, but I do track my GT a lot. Its a great car. Just do some suspension work, brakes and tires and call it a day. The GTS will just get you a little more of an edge with that extra power.

Depending on the track I can keep up with many cars with way more horsepower than I.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts