NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to try to drill out broken lift bolt piece but I think the shaft may have rotated moving the broken piece out of allignment with the whole. If it is can the shaft be rotated with out doing the hole TSB? I mean could you grab the shaft with vice grips and rotate it with out pulling the chain? Any ideas?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Gearbangin said:
Going to try to drill out broken lift bolt piece but I think the shaft may have rotated moving the broken piece out of allignment with the whole. If it is can the shaft be rotated with out doing the hole TSB? I mean could you grab the shaft with vice grips and rotate it with out pulling the chain? Any ideas?
There is a slot in the front you MIGHT be able to use to rotate it, but if its been spinning the head of that bolt is probably pretty well mushroomed over.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks is there a slot in the back? I was thinking of just taking off the oil control valve and rotating it from that end. I don't want to have to pull the cam and timing chain. So is the slot at both ends?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
I don't recall there being one in the back

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
There isn't a slot in the shaft near the control valve, only near the timing chain.

I was able to GENTLY take a screwdriver and rotate the shaft using the slot. I didn't come straight at the slot and twist, but rather came at it from the top (like straight down from the valve cover, if you will) and wedged it in the slot and ever so slightly positioned it where I needed it.

Be VERY careful, as you can break that rod VERY easily. If you have the skills, just do the TSB, it doesn't really take that long.

Just MHO

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I just noticed something boosted, no PFC in your ride? You run the AEM unit? :thumbup:

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Red01GTS said:
I just noticed something boosted, no PFC in your ride? You run the AEM unit? :thumbup:
Of course :) - I like the PFC for the 7th Gen because its the ONLY standalone - given the choice though I'd pick the AEM over everything (which is obviously exactly what I did)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts