NewCelica.org Forum banner

Rota and Nippon wheel pics

656 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  baNanA_ryCe 
#1 ·
Anyone have pics of the Rota slipstream. I know they just started making 5x100+40. Wont these fit ok with our Celica? Heard you have to use spacers cause of calibers.

Also anyone have pics of these Nippon wheels?
http://www.machiii.net/machiii/html/wheels/Nippon/ProspecII.html

Am interested in both so any pics of the wheels with our Celica would be great.
Thanks.

#4 · (Edited)
Am I right in saying that a 48mm offset would be "stock" on a 6.5in wide rim, 42mm on a 7in rim, and 35mm on a 7.5in rim? So 45mm and 48mm on a 7.5in wide rim would be WAY off on a Celi, right?

These are just my calculations, I could be way off. What is stock offset on the 15x6 GT rims and on the 16x6.5 GTS rims?

PS. I based my calculations on what Chiz has, if I recall correctly he has 18x7.5in rims with 35mm offset, so my numbers above are based on that. I believe his rims fit PERFECT, they come right to the edge of the car, sweet.

#10 · (Edited)
So basically if you wanted these rims bad enough (any of the Rotas) you would just need spacers? Are spacers safe? Using Hellr's link I figured...

Stock
6.5in wide - 39mm offset = +/- 0 over stock (-17mm in from body)

Chiznarles
7.5in wide - 35mm offset = +17mm over stock (perfectly flush with the body)

Rota Sizes
6.5in wide - 40mm offset = -1mm under stock (-18mm in from body)

7in wide - 40mm offset = +5mm over stock (-12mm in from body)
7in wide - 45mm offset = +/- 0mm over stock (same as stock)
7in wide - 48mm offset = -3mm under stock (-20mm in from body)

7.5in wide - 45mm offset = +7mm over stock (-10mm in from body)
7.5in wide - 48mm offset = +4mm over stock (-13mm in from body)

Basically all the Rotas that are +x over stock are between stock and Chiznarles' setup, which I figure wouldn't look any worse than stock obviously. If I went with a 6.5in wide rim I would use a spacer just to push it out a little.

Ps. I hope it's cool with Chiz that I'm using him as the standard to look for :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.