NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
those are generally honda wheels.. and i personally dont think slipstreams would look good on a celica.. BUT rota is probably one of the best knock off companys around.. have never heard any complaints..

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was thinking about the Subzeros also, but I like weight of ths slipstreams (13.5lbs.) and the price (~$500 for a set [16in]). For the Subzeros it's about 16.5 lbs and ~$600 for a set (17in).

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
No complaints on mine. I have had them since November. They were $535 with shipping.

BTW if you get the slipstreams you will have to get hubcentric rings. 73mm/54.1mm They did not come with the rims that I ordered. I have a source if you can't find them locally. ABout $15 bucks for aluminum ones, $9 for plastic.

Dave

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I had the slipstreams on my prelude last year. They were quite nice. Cheap wheels that gets the job done and has quite the JDM look since it is indeed a knockoff of the regamaster. Now, would I buy them again? Maybe if I had a honda still...but since I don't...I'd probably go with another model, something like the attack.

You can order the hub rings in plastic from discount tires. I think they are under a konig part number...then again, I might be wrong since I bought it a while ago.

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
Rota quality is great.

There was a bad batch of Attacks and Rota is offering to replace them for free.

Talk about great customer service.

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
:werd: I had 16" Rota Slips on my CRX and I gots to tell you that they were the Best wheels that I ever owned. They are light, Strong as hell ( Hit a BIG pothole doing 80 and the rim was totaly fine :D) and Look realy nice.

Slipstreams are Deff a Honda rim. They are a Copy of Spoon rims who made them basicaly for honda. If you jsut use them to race then they will be fine...................But I think that they would look a bit out of place on a Celi.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah, I had slips on my integra I just sold, I loved them. They were light as hell and very cheap. I would definitely buy them again. But please, dont get slipstreams for a celi. Theyre pretty much just for hondas. Youd prolly get made fun of with those on there. Also, check out the battles. I think they look pretty sweet at jaydm.com/battle.htm

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
LikesToys! said:
Yeah, they'd look a little out of place. I think the Subzeros will be my choice, looks like we can only get them in 17 (5x100). And also, the offset is +48, is that too close to the wheel?

http://www.jaydm.com/subzero.htm

I'll probably end up getting them in the Gun Metalic color. (I have a Black Celica.)

out of place? I have rota tarmacs on my celica....here's a picture of it chopped on a celica

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
:wtf: that was for the Rex (R.I.P.) But I'm thining about some WORK, or Buddy Club wheels....................I REALY DONT KNOW YET :D

I'm SO in limbo between 17's and 18's..............Gunmettal,Black, Or Bronze.

Grrr......

<-anal

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
slava id stay with 17's i noticed quite a perfomance loss with my 17's. My rims are lighter than stock at 15 lbs a rim, but the rolling diameter is a little larger than stock, to keep from bending up my rims. They are 215/45/17 S03's. Im gonna try 215/40/17 which is almost identical to stock rolling diameter buts basically a rim condom.

back on topic. Rotas are great rims for the price. Im probably gonna a pic up a set of 15in slipstreams to run a set of DR's. I have 2 rims im running currently for my DR's not but they are kinda heavy...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts