NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Toyota Celica gts
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. I have a manual 2000 2zz newly rebuilt engine and block I got off mwr. I also put in a lsd c60. It’s idling at 2000 and it also goes up and down from 1000 to 2000 at idle when engine is warm. It’s wierd cuz when I cold start it, it sits at 1000 rpm. It would always start at 2000 and make its way down?? I don’t know what it could be. I put in a new maf sensor. I’m not getting any codes. I also have an injen cai and filter is clean. Don’t see any vacuum leaks?? Also I changed the iacv and gasket 2 years ago and cleaned throttle body. Please any info would help. Don’t know where to go? Could it be the throttle cable after over 20 years?? Cruise control isn’t working either. Oh and the acceleration pedal often gets stiff?Did I mention you guys are the best???

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,471 Posts
Check the underhood cruise assembly. I had a somewhat similar issue with my Avy's cruise getting gummed up. But, didn't have an issue with the pedal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar experience after doing a 2ZZGE swap on my 1ZZGE with the idling going up and down after it was warmed up. Removing and cleaning the idle air control valve with cleaner/lubricant spray and a ton of q tips solved that issue. I’m not sure ab your cruise control or stiff pedal though...but yeah removing the throttle body then the iacv off it and cleaning it out did the trick for that weird idle issue!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts