NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,671 Posts
Some people don't even know they have to change their tranny fluid/gear oil and drive for years and years without touching it. I heard stories of 6-8 year old cars with 100k+ miles still with the original fluid.

I'm using Redline right now, when I put my LSD in, I will switch to Royal Purple.

· Registered
5,671 Posts
gts24 said:
*cough* Amsoil .... .

Both Amsoil and Redline out do Royal Purple in every test imaginable. Royal Purple is still better than most convential oils... but 'eh to each his own.
Ok Amsoil rep.

The last thing we were talking about was tranny fluid/gear oil and NOT engine oil?

I take all those Amsoil tests with a grain of salt.

· Registered
5,671 Posts
00 scrub said:
About Royal Purple or Redline having products that could hurt your syncros I think that both companies make gear fluids with Sulfer in it. Sulfer is bad for yellow metals that make up the syncros. The Redline oil that you should use for the Celica is MT-90. I'm not sure about the different Royal Purple oils. I suggest that you ask questions about oil and lube over there. You can get some very educated answers.
Redline MT-90 is only for auto or manual transaxles without LSD. With LSD they recommend 75w90.

· Registered
5,671 Posts
GTSnut said:
75w90 for Royal Purple as well.
Right, but Redline state that their GL5 75w90 is twice more corrosive than their GL4 fluid for normal tranny without LSD.

Royal Purple's fluid that's compitable with LSD contains less sulfur than the Redline counterpart. That's why I will be switching to Royal Purple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.