NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having this problem. When I step on the clutch to shift gears my RPMs jump up a few hundred rpms. It's really annoying. Even if I completely let go of the gas and step on the clutch the RPMs still jump up. I thouhgt it had something to do with the turbo but I heard about a few other n/a people having the same problem.
It didnt do that before.

I've tried cleaning the throttle body and also tried losening the throttle cable. Still same problem.

What else should I try?

thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
It could be that your cable is getting stuck and keeping the throttle open a little too long......

Check to make sure that you have enough brake fluid and bleed your clutch line.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by boostjunkie26
Did this use to happen when your car wasn't turboed? Are you using the stock ecu or an aftermarket one?
No I didnt happen then but it also didnt happen after the turbo. I dont think it has to do with it beacause a few N/A people have the same problem. I have stock ECU+emanage

Originally posted by MicaCeli
It could be that your cable is getting stuck and keeping the throttle open a little too long......

Check to make sure that you have enough brake fluid and bleed your clutch line.
enough brake fluid? how do i bleed the clutch line?

thanks

·
Registered
949 Posts
This actually happened to me on most of my ride home today, it almost feels like my bov is not releasing all the pressure fast enough and it makes my rpms jump, is that possible? I never had this before i put in the turbo, and the bov was acting funny since it rained all night. It wasnt letting loose all the air like usual.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Could be your state of tune.

I know back when I was into Subarus (which had a characteristic RICH run tune), the RS guys would notice their rpms would still climb after the gas pedal was released and the clutch put in. Later on it was discovered that under WOT the ecu ran the engine so rich that the excess fuel just before the gas was released would burn causing a semi "dieseling" effect.

I have a feeling this is what you're experiencing now.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmm my car indeed is running on the rich side, i'll see if i gets better when i fine tune. Weird thing is that a few N/A have had the same problem. Could they also be running too rich?

thanks

·
Registered
949 Posts
its definately because your running rich, i now have it all the time since ive changed maps to a richer map. Everytime i give the car WOT, and then let go and clutch it stillclimbs. Alot too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.